Job Location: Bloomington
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As a maintenance mechanic, you will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of industrial manufacturing machinery and facility systems, safety and quality processes, and the fabrication or required modifications to such equipment according to blueprints, manufacturers data, or assembly instructions.
- Maintain, repair, lubricate, and troubleshoot all manufacturing equipment (gear boxes, variable spped drivers, pumps and compressors, grinding equipment, conveying equipment, dust collecting equipment, code daters, check weighers, palletizing systems and robotic systems) in the Bloomington plant
- Repair and use material handling equipment including manual pallet jacks, battery operated pallet jacks, stand up and sit down fork trucks, scissor lifts, boom type man-lifts, and equipment/component hoists
- Read and interpret blueprints, process and instrumentation diagrams, flow diagrams, and machinery manuals to diagnose problems, identify components, and verify proper equipment operation
- Layout, plan, measure, and execute tasks to support maintenance efforts
- Utilize power and hand tools properly and safetly support work activities
- Execute and electronically report scheduled PMs and work orders in SAP Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) within allocated windows and follow written standards to maintain manufacturing equipment reliability
- Install, assemble, and/or disassemble equipment as necessary
- Clean tools, parts, and equipment after line rebuilds/repairs/maintenance
- Provide technical expertise to train and support production and create an environment of continious learning
- Follow required Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP) and quality and food safety requirements
- Follow safety and environmental objectives and targets, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety and Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs
Who we are looking for:
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 years of prior experience as a Maintenance Mechanic -OR- 2-year technical degree in maintenance field such as Industrial Maintenance, Mechanical Maintenance, or related field of study AND 1 year of prior experience as Maintenance Mechanic
- Prior work experience must include: diagnostic troubleshooting, repairing and replacing defective parts, adjusting machinery, and modifying units to meet proper operating specifications
- Must be able to work overtime when required
- Able to work with computers (navigating systems, recording information, locating information necessary to perform the job)
- Able to use basic mathematical skills in order to perform machine and mechanical systems maintenance, calibrations, and repairs
- Working knowledge in the area of pipefitting and rigging
- Basic knowledge of steam distribution systems and principles
- Working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic principles
- Basic understanding of industrial electricity including motor basics and controls
- Basic knowledge of industrial automation and PLC based controls
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.