Food Safety & Quality Specialist
North Canton, OH
Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc. is a leading premium American chocolate brand and retail chain within the Ferrero Group. Home of leading brands like Rocher, Nutella, Kinder Joy, Tic Tac, Butterfinger, Crunch, and Baby Ruth, Ferrero is the world’s third largest confectionery company and a major player within the CPG space. With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Food Safety & Quality Systems Specialist will define and state rules and good practices for plant internal use, based on guidelines defined by Corporate Ferrero Quality and other external organizations. Define Food Safety and Quality System activities aimed to guarantee appropriate conditions within the working environment. Organize and supervise internal and external monitoring, in order to assure the proper application of related working instructions.
Responsible for and assists in the management and implementation of Quality, ISO 9001 and Food Safety FSSC 22000, Waste Management, Sanitation, Pest Control and Kosher programs.
- Defines, in accordance to Ferrero Corporate Quality and other external organizations, necessary rules in order to guarantee product (workflow) traceability, to detect origins of quality related issues.
- Maintain, update and provide continuous improvement for Food Safety system in order to meet CFIA/FDA regulatory guidelines and maintain certification
- Review weekly paperwork from production, Sanitation, GMP’s, and follow up with issues that arise to ensure food safety issues are handled.
- Assist in update and maintenance of Food Safety Procedures
- Assist in facilitaton of all Food Safety auditing and inspections
- Develops and updates HACCP plans, through risk analysis method
- Supporting member of the plant food safety team
- Cooperates with other department in different audit activities.
- Quality Assurance experience in a food manufacturing environment for at least 3 years
- Educational background with a BS in Food Safety/Microbiology/Food Science or related field is an asset
- Knowledge of Food Safety programs and GMP’s
- Knowledge of ISO Standards – ISO 9001 and FSSC 22000 or other GFSI audit schemes
- Internal auditing experience is an asset
- Supply Chain Management experience a plus
- Ability to conduct presentations and training sessions
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
- Strong communication skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Technical writing skills
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.