Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Electrician will provide electrical and automation support to manufacturing, packaging and stores. The successful candidate will be on a rotating shift of 12 hour continental rotation of days and nights.
Starting from $42.00 - $45.00 per hour.
Shift Premiums: $1.65/hr on night shifts and $4/hr on weekends
- Fully company paid benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Great employer-matched pension program
- 14 weeks Parental Leave top-up
- Opportunities for advancement
- Continuous training opportunities
- EAP Program
- Competitive wages
- Shift Premiums
- Employee events such as BBQ’s, Ice cream days, and Ferrero product give aways!
- On site cafeteria
- Free parking
- Dedicated Covid Safety Team
- Perform investigation of manufacturing equipment deviations and anomalies related to electrical and automation and software.
- Implement software changes and upgrades to improve equipment accuracy and runtime.
- Assist other maintenance staff in identifying and procuring equipment and parts necessary for daily maintenance requirements.
- Assist in electrical documentation of changes and upgrades.
- Provide technical support to maintenance staff.
- Program PLC and HMI applications for integration and troubleshooting of automated process equipment.
- Electrical maintenance duties as required
- Identification of Continuous Improvement initiatives related to productive factors
- Gives support, throughout data analysis, to the UGP Manager and SSP Unit in identifying possible continuous improvement initiatives related to productive factors
- Identifies and proposes areas for improvement related to productive factors
Quality and Food Safety
- Ensure all program requirements/standards regarding quality and food safety are implemented, practiced and maintained
Who we are looking for:
- Electro-Mechanical Technician Diploma preferred
- Industrial Maintenance Electrician License (442A or 309A) preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years direct experience programming, designing and maintaining industrial control systems in a fast paced process industry.
- Strong knowledge of process control systems and automation specifically Allen Bradley/Rockwell and Wonderware programming, hardware management, and commissioning.
- Knowledge of Funuc robotics, Elau drives, Servo Axis controls, Vision systems, HMI programming, hardware management / commissioning and Scada integration.
- Strong PLC Programming / troubleshooting skills. Working knowledge of Word processing, spreadsheet, database management software, SQL Server and Web server software.
- Strong communication skills
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.