Trade Spend Analyst
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
- Ferrero USA is headquartered in Parsippany, NJ and operates on a hybrid model with 2 days working from home/3 days working in the office.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Trade Spend Analyst will analyze data to develop recommendations for promotional pricing guidelines based on analysis of trade spend effectiveness. This person will track compliance to approve promotion guidelines and collaborate with sales to improve ROI (Return on Investment) on promotions. The learnings will be shared back with Sales, Trade Marketing and Finance. The Trade Spend Analyst will co-lead monthly channel/key account P&L reviews with sales teams for improving net sales/gross margin with Sales Finance and Trade Promotion Management team. This person will be responsible for defining commercial policy, trade strategy and tracking trade spend vs. guidelines to ensure compliance. The Trade Spend Analyst will also be responsible for improving the annual target setting and planning cycle. This person will be based in our US headquarters in Parsippany, NJ and report to the Trade Spend Manager.
- Build and maintain a positive, productive relationship with Trade Marketing, Field Sales, and Brand Team stakeholders
- Collaborate on promo effectiveness reviews (including e.g., promotional responsiveness of products and brands, trade rates by account, event level ROI analysis) with Revenue Management/Trade Marketing teams
- Analyze the ROI of additional trade spend levers to optimize the trade spend investment
- Provide actionable insights on trade performance, trends, and opportunities to deliver business solutions for improving net sales return
- Co-Lead monthly channel/key account P&L review with Sales teams for improving net sales/gross margin (collaborating with Sales Finance and Trade Promotion Management team) Trade Promotion Review, Tracking, & Support
- Lead analytics developing promotional guidelines based on trade promotion effectiveness for the Ferrero brand portfolio / channels and key accounts
- Conduct monthly review with Sales teams / VP of Sales for evaluating promo efficiency performance vs planned performance by channel/key accounts
- Maintain the Revenue Growth Management analytics tool for promotional planning
- Develop “Pay for Performance” Trade Investment strategic framework for customer negotiation
- Collaborate with the Revenue Management Team for improving promotional planning and setting guardrails for Sales team execution
- Develop a strong understanding of the IRI data to help predict track and react to promotion trends in the category including depth, breadth, and frequency
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 1 - 3 years of analytics or data management experience in a food/beverage, consumer products, logistics, or manufacturing industry
- Syndicated data experience (IRI or Nielsen) where candidate has pulled their own data
- Financial acumen and P&L management with an understanding of the need for rigor regarding spending choices and the importance of ROI
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex sets of data and make business recommendations based on analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to build consensus and foster positive relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures
- Ability to creatively organize and present data in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and work well cross-functionally
- Ability to convince, influence, and motivate all levels within the business to achieve objectives
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.