Trade Promotion Management Sr. Planner
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Trade Promotion Management (TPM) Sr. Planner is responsible for performing trade spending analytics for promotions and driving tactics to support trade promo efficiency activities. The role will focus on upgrading business planning competencies through defining and deploying consistent promotional evaluation vs budget targets for the fiscal periods. The TPM Planner will also facilitate strategic alignment with Trade Marketing in terms of managing Go-To-Market guidelines/objectives to ensure compliance of execution. The fundamentals of business management will be applied by establishing routine practices for managing trade investment activities (promotional guidelines).
- Partner with the Sales and Finance functions to analyze the performance of trade promotions to continuously optimize trade promo efficiency
- Manage customer forecasts and trade spend to ensure budgets are achieved and customer plans align within spending guidelines
- Work closely with VPs and Directors of sales channels to ensure teams are validating spend by brand vs budgets
- Leverage analytical tools (Blue Planner Trade Promotion Management) to understand spending implications between brands and understand channel mix drivers
- Lead weekly/monthly meetings with Channel teams, conduct budget variance analysis vs forecast gaps to plan
- Partner with Finance to conduct monthly trade reconciliation analysis vs budget expectations
- Collaborate with Finance organization on Monthly Business reviews; share spending trends to help identify key business drivers
- Work closely with Trade Marketing to align on brand DSMP strategy guidelines to ensure plans adhere to requirements
- Challenge and inspire Sales team members to achieve business goals/results by effectively managing their trade funds within their budget requirements
- Maintain and track performance of trade spend and implications on business by Customer / Channel
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least 3 years of experience in Sales or Sales Finance analytics
- Requires quantitative knowledge / financial P&L acumen
- Experience with Trade Promotion Management applications such as SAP TPM / Blue Planner or others
- Strong math, highly analytical and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented with solid planning and organizational skills
- Ability to generate positive relationships and foster a collaborative environment
- Highly analytical skillset in the area of financial management
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Strong communication skills
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.