Trade Marketing Manager - Cookies, Cones and Crusts
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Ferrero North America is headquartered in Parsippany, NJ and operates on a hybrid model with 2 days working from home/3 days working in the office. This role will be based in our corporate office in Chicago, IL.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Trade Marketing Manager, Cookies, Cones and Crusts will be responsible for the in-store activity plan to execute the brand strategy at retail. This includes developing and cascading the Go to Market plan detailing the execution standards for distribution, shelving, merchandising and pricing (DSMP). In this role, you will own the in-store activity calendar for the brand, and the DSMP and Financial KPI attainment for assigned brands/segments. You will be an active thought partner and collaborate with key cross-functional internal teams, including Category Management, Marketing, Sales Operations, Demand Planning and Sales Account Teams. The Trade Marketing Manager, Cookies, Cones and Crusts will be based in our Chicago, IL office and reports to the Director of Trade Marketing – Cookies, Cones and Crusts.
- Partner to develop the Go to Market plan including execution standards for distribution, shelving, merchandising, and pricing (DSMP)
- Collaborate with Marketing teams to propose the budget (volume and revenue) of the assigned brands
- Support the planning and execution of both the seasonal and everyday portfolio
- Develop trade and consumer unit pack/price architecture framework to deliver strategic channel and customer opportunities
- Monitor competitive activity to ensure external factors are incorporated into business plans
- Create the KPI objectives aligned by class of trade trends and strategy
- Develop the in-store activity strategy to execute the brand strategy at retail
- Responsible for the development, implementation and management of display tools and formats
- Develop the Trade Investment strategy for the brand aligned to customer and brand strategy
- Partner with customer teams and Marketing to develop actionable plans to drive accelerated growth or improve profitability
- Work with Marketing, Sales, Trade Business Intelligence, Finance and Revenue Management to optimize trade spend effectiveness by reviewing post promotional assessments and return of investment for trade spend lines
- Provide input to the S&OP process on changes in distribution, promotion, and customer/channel strategy
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA is a plus
- At least 5 years of CPG experience with Customer Management and/or Marketing experience
- Multi-channel experience is a plus (Convenience, Mass, Grocery, Dollar, e-Commerce, and Club)
- Strong communication skills with an ability to outline and reinforce the Trade Marketing & DSMP strategy
- Strong decision making and interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at the most Senior levels
- Commercially astute with strong business sense and excellent problem solving / analytical skills
- Global mindset and a desire to build a successful career with a growing global company
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero North America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.