Supply Planning Manager, Kinder
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Supply Planning Manager is responsible for overseeing and ensuring the performance and development of a team whose main objective is to respond to demand and supply changes of product. The Supply Planning Manager measures and monitor SC performance KPIs, and works to minimize destructions and close outs, while focusing on improvement the process and the key metrics that are impacting cost.
• Lead weekly consensus meeting
• Provides perspective on Supply implications of the forecast changes
• Identify critical issues that arise in the consensus meeting that are linked to the freshness and fill rate
• Review productions requests in APO making sure that all the brands in the portfolio have the right coverage to support the business minimizing orders cuts and/or overstock
• Review latest criticality report distributed to the business
• Answer/update supply issues, any potential freshness issues
• Discuss upcoming promotion and launches and transitions plans (phase in/phase out including discontinued items
• Develop and agree on action plan of the critical issues
• Ensure that proper plans are generated, involving reconcile production previous week vs actual. operative plan is correctly interfaced from APO DP to SNP prior to planning, Stock on hand in APO (SNP vs R3), In-transit in APO (SNP vs R3), Cumulated production
• Review production proposal and provide feedback if the production requires adjustment ensuring that coverage (days of supply) is on target
• Manage frozen forecast production for promo and seasonal item that happen on time and in full
• Work with plants and quality in order to manage frozen/ frigo production and eventual derogation for usage and/or BBD
• Work on priorities with the different repack sites
• Manage bulk availability and coverage
Transportation and WHS
• Communicate to the overseas plant the shipment split to WHS
• Analyze past years statistical data in order to set parameters for next fiscal year, such as lead time (including projected inbound loads and co-pack lead time), start ship dates, coverage targets, do not ship Policy management, projected weekly shipping trend and network DC split
• Validate/Update Monthly Operating Targets determined by management
• Develop bulk disaggregation according the BOM to ensure business totals are correct
• Analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and report for a specific brand vs set targets:
• On a weekly basis, validate case fill rate and detail shorted report & reason codes, including preventive corrective action for out of stock and overstock SKU, criticality report to be shared with business and stock coverage / stock availability
• On a monthly basis, review case fill rate and failure tree, reasons for rejection, freshness gate out and stock coverage (days of inventory)
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or related fields.
• Experience working as Production, Demand or Supply Planner in similar business for several years and/or in complex environments (import, export, multiple repacking sites and multiple plants and DC’s network)
• Knowledge of import/export and overseas challenges
• Knowledge of repacking and co-packing processes – management multiple repacking sites
• Experience in CPG industry
• Advanced knowledge of SAP/ APO systems and Excel
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.