Sr. Demand Planner
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Sr. Demand planner will be responsible for generating demand plan and understand demand drivers for proactive collaboration across Sales Forecasting, Brand Marketing, Trade Marketing Supply Planning and Finance and lead the monthly S&OP process for assigned brands. The goal of this position is to continuously improve service level while simultaneously reducing finished goods inventory through accurate forecasting. Key to this role will be anticipating and understanding the needs of different stakeholders across the company relative to forecasting, turning assumptions into actionable plans and providing insight into demand drivers to leadership.
Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
• Lead monthly S&OP process for assigned brands including maintaining baseline / statistical forecasts, collecting sales, trade marketing and brand marketing forecast drivers and highlighting changes and drivers in the plan to key stakeholders.
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
• Track Forecast KPI’s including bias, accuracy and forecast value add. Use these KPI’s to drive improvements.
• Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales, trade marketing and marketing assumptions.
• Interact with sales, marketing, trade marketing and finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
• Utilize a collaborative consensus approach by working with sales, marketing, trade marketing and finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information are used for demand forecasts.
• Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
• Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-in/ phase outs.
• Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning and deployments.
• Create statistical forecasts.
• Review sales plans, budget updates or latest estimates and demand drivers
• Achieve consensus for operative plan by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales, marketing and trade marketing
• Maintain demand planning system and software
• Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process
• Lead the SOP process for designed brands
• Lead the Portfolio & activities management review
Who we are looking for:
Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Operations Planning, Engineering or related fields
• 4-7 years’ experience with fast moving consumer goods or equivalent
• 4-7 years’ experience in Demand Planning or forecasting role
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
• Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
• Experience with SAP APO & ECC or similar applications
• Experience with Forecasting tools as Blue Yonder or equivalent.
• Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills
• Ability to identify and define issues, lead root cause analysis, and develop and manage corrective action plan
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.