Senior Supply Chain Quality Manager
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The role is aimed to ensure Ferrero Standards are fully implemented at Ferrero warehouses, KA and distributors warehouses. The role responsibility is to cooperate on the quality checking activities and quality audit based on the annual plan, as well as follow up on the corrective and preventive actions to drive continuous improvement.
- Drive Route-to-Consumer relevant KPIs with full understanding of Ferrero quality standard procedures and documentation
- Be responsible to implement the objectives, framework requirement, technical specifications, and evaluation criteria defined by Group Quality to Ferrero DC, distributors warehouse and provide solutions on the quality matters, driving the continuous quality improvement
- Implement corrective and preventive measures when necessary. Proactively identify possible area of issues on the storage and transport of warehouses, proposing appropriate actions
- Take part in withdrawal / recall process, aligned with internal processes and relevant documentation
- Proactively and closely work with Ferrero Supply Chain and Plant for CIQ and SC report annually to ensure the compliance of all products with local laws & regulations
- Plan and perform warehouse audit, based on the annual plan. Raise proposals to improve and mitigate potential risk and timely communicate with relevant parties and coordinate their implementation
- Support in new warehouse scouting by ensuring that quality standards are guaranteed, participate in contractual negotiations with relevant professional area inputs
- Support projects and activities with quality improvement objective: coordination/ periodical update/ reports
- Conduct the quality inspection for new products, analyze, provide reporting and guideline when required for both POS and EC sells
- Keep good communication with regional sales team and hold regional quality meeting with sales to drive quality improvement on distributors warehouse monthly. Promote qualitative and freshness aspects
- Periodically monitor Forecast Accuracy and Central Planning Service Level (product accuracy)
- Manage reporting matters for any aspects of eventual Plant and Supply Chain origin abnormalities in Primary Freight
Who we are looking for:
- University degree in food science, food chemistry, biology, analytical chemistry
- Relevant experience in food industry, knowledge of the production technique and quality standards for food industry (e.g. GFSI recognition standards)
- Experience in supplier management and quality audit related matters
- Practical analytical experience, either in analytical lab or food manufacturer quality assurance department
- Experience in line quality control
- Good problem solving and analytical skills, with strong attention to details and prioritization ability
- Ability to work effectively, independently and within the team, with good communication skills and cross-functional collaboration
- People management experience with strong leadership capabilities
- Fluency in English and Mandarin required
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.