Senior Manager, Supply Chain Procurement
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Guarantee purchase of services in accordance with Central procurement strategy considering North America Supply Chain requirements and budget by performing transportation and warehousing procurement activities. This includes strategy and planning, scouting, market monitoring, risk management, supplier relationships, contract management and negotiations fully compliant with Global Supply Chain Procurement roadmap ensuring the optimal level of quality, costs and service level.
- Define in collaboration with Central Procurement a long-term sourcing strategic plan to sustain business, identify capability improvements needed and set-up main targets.
- Analyze supply and demand market, motivating and support with documentation potential market risk and opportunities and dimensioning negotiation effect.
- Implement full costs tracking and governance tools, steering them on a regular base, ensuring consistency to pre-defined company and Supply Chain targets agreed with his category leader, implementing specific corrective actions if required.
- Perform continuous scouting activities in line with internal requirements, market benchmarking results and market reports in order to maintain a consistent portfolio baseline in line with quality and service requirements and cost competitiveness aimed at mitigating risks and increase efficiency
- Perform tender process in line with policies, standard tools, priorities, and targets shared within SC Global Procurement department and Area SC
- Effectively manage daily relationships with external suppliers contributing to define the level of engagement/collaboration with suppliers for the logistics services of his responsibility based on market and benchmarking fact-based analysis, measurable KPIs in order to ensure competitive advantages, grant quality and service level and govern and minimize risks.
- Continuously monitor the performance of its suppliers by means of appropriate KPIs to ensure reliability of supply, compliance with quality standards of service expected, evaluate the reliability and competitiveness of the financial market, identification of corrective actions
- Communicate any significant supplier risk outlining the potential impacts, defining consistent action plans and sharing them with the key stakeholders.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a business discipline or engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Procurement
- Preferable knowledge of Supply Chain and logistics environment/logics
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills, team oriented; demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Mastering purchasing techniques: negotiating skills, RFI, RFQ, budgeting, market analysis, risk management, price management
- Experience developing and preparing spreadsheets and graphs using SAP ECC, SAP BW, and Microsoft Application tools (Excel, Word, PPT)
- Analytical skills
- Ability to set and achieve goals, problem solve and set priorities
- Legal knowledge in the drafting of standard documents: orders, contracts, commercial law
- Ethical and strong personal values
- Compliance mindset
- Provide regular updates to senior leadership on key projects using key performance indicators (KPIs) and data analysis
- Financial and legal knowledge a plus
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.