Senior GL Accountant
Job Location: Bruxelles
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As a Senior Accountant you will partner with the Finance Administration & Tax Manager to manage the general accounting & tax activities, ensure a correct General Ledger to monthly closings. You will optimize and document procedures, and financial controls following statutory and group policies. You will take part to IFRS/IAS, consolidation process.
General Accounting/Accounting Operations
Overseeing General Ledger functions, you will assure accuracy, timeliness, and conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with IAS/Statutory and group policy and procedure.
• Formulate and administer accounting practices throughout the company to ensure accounting and operating reports accurately reflect the conditions of the business;
• Ensure accounting entries are in line with IFRS, Belgian and Dutch accounting standards
• Supervise the maintenance of company general ledgers and perform reconciliations as required;
• Ensure correct and accurate accounting classification of all expenditures and documents,
• Specific analysis and process review of general ledger accounts
• Ensures integrity of the financial system and at the same time ensure timely, accurate and meaningful reporting
• Calculate and prepare annual Income Tax return
• Calculate and prepare monthly VAT and Intrastat returns
• Ensure TAX compliance within finance department
Reporting & Analysis
• Preparation of financial reports
• Preparation of annual statutory accounts (4 companies)
• Loading of Year End accounts for consolidation purposes (4 companies)
• Prepare analysis of actuals and assist in collation of data for budgeting
• Analyze current systems and processes to ensure accurate recording of accounting data
• Direct and control general accounting functions to optimise utilisation of accounting staff
• Handling of all day to day operational issues within department
• Supports Finance Manager in managing audit and external relationships
• Supports all functions for all business units that relate to Finance/Administration
Who we are looking for:
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in Accounting
• SAP expertise is a must.
• Good communication skills, ability to challenge and to properly collaborate with key partners
• "Problem solver" attitude and prioritization skills
• Analytical mindset
• Fluency in English, French,
• Dutch is a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.