Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Quality Supervisor to join our growing team in Chicago! As the Quality Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring GMP Compliance and training for the location. You will also administer the PES and QAR programs. In this position, you will report to the Quality & Food Safety Manager.
- Direct, plan, and implement GMP compliance and training for the facility, working appropriately with any existing training roles in the organization.
- Responsible for the oversight and administration of the “on hold” product program. This includes the status, release, and destruction of “on hold” product.
- Responsible for PES and QAR program administration.
- Accountable for the facilities Ingredient COA program.
- Responsible for quality accountability for all hours of operation.
- Responsible for SOC/SOP compliance.
- Responsible for vitamin analysis, moisture analysis, and ingredient analysis.
- Accountable for QAR process.
- Responsible for foreign material and metal detector program compliance.
- Ensure adherence to all standard work processes, including LEAN processes.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations. Food Safety – plant in proper sanitary condition at all times, including allergen control, pest control, guidelines followed. Compliance with food safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for MCRS® (Management Control Report System) sustainability: Ensure achievement of all area / shift KPIs; ensure adherence to and continuous improvement of all area / shift MCRS® elements.
- Responsible for supporting the execution of relevant projects within assigned area / shift.
- Responsible for supporting talent management process for hourly employees. Ensure Diversity and Inclusion meets / exceeds corporate standards. Proactively engage in the development and training of hourly labor and support such plans developed by plant leadership.
- Maintain understanding of processes and functional interdependencies. Recognize and escalate, as needed, those issues identified as risks to, or opportunities to improve, plant performance.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Chemistry, or equivalent and 3 to 5 years experience in quality & food safety is required.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Technical knowledge of quality & food safety is preferred.
- Experience in managing processes is preferred.
- Food processing and packaging experience is desired.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.