Pumper / Machine Operator
Job Location: Bloomington
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The pumper / machine operator role is responsible for a variety of tasks in the manufacturing of confectionary products. The primary function of this position involves receiving and distributing raw product throughout the plant in addition to taking samples of the product to undergo lab testing. This role involves working in humid conditions with temps often in excess of 110 degrees F and cold winter conditions when gaining access to trucks outside the plant.
- Receive product from bulk tankers
- Route liquid and dry product through the production plant via pipe work, valves, etc.
- Cleaning pipe work out using PIGs (pipeline intervention gadgets)
- Taking samples of product from trucks and storage tanks to lab for testing
- Recording tests and loads, labeling samples, etc.
- Weekly inventory of all bulks, flavors, and colors
- Manually move product using shovels and scoops when machinery fails
Who we are looking for:
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Technical / vocational / associate degree preferred
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
- Able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when required
- Willing to work various shifts starting as early as ~ 4:00am or as late as ~ 9:30pm
- Must be willing and able to read factory documents as necessary to understand and follow equipment operation, quality standards and safety procedures
- Must be able to complete paperwork as needed for the job, including documentation of product codes, rejection of materials, material usage and quality records
- Able to work in a position that requires you to stand or walk almost continuously throughout the shift
- Able to work at significant heights up to 15 feet above ground level
- Able to work in a facility where milk, eggs, peanuts, soy and/or wheat allergens are processed, with or without accommodation
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.