Job Location: Bloomington, IL
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Prodcution Planner is responsible for providing a short-term finite capacity-constrained production schedule with an optimal, feasible and realistic sequence of materials in accordance with the availability of resources (production lines/labor) and materials. This role should work strategically with production, master production planners, and corporate functional heads to support reducing costs, and realizing optimal inventory levels.
• Create a feasible production plan within the detailed production scheduling period by shift that takes into consideration available capacity, labor and materials while respecting the product sequencing laid out by the MPS planner and optimizing the factory costs to produce.
• Review the detailed production schedule on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to ensure it continues to meet business priorities and requirements.
• Work with factory IP’s to identify practical issues that may cause plant shutdowns in the future and relay this information back to master production scheduling for long-term planning of product promotions.
• Utilize GLOBE tools during production scheduling and capacity planning exercises in order to determine the optimal schedule for cost and service.
• Convert production schedule to process orders for production as required.
• Publish weekly production schedule to plant, and review all production changes, limitations, priorities to meet customer orders and abnormal events.
• Provide information in advance detailing swings in labor requirements within the DPS planning horizon.
• Act as the liaison between the factory and corporate supply chain to properly determine the priorities of the business.
• Maintain SAP APO master data, performing routine maintenance to insure system integrity.
• Ensure all manufacturing procedures comply with government and Nestle standards for food safety and quality.
• Engage in LEAN, End to End Value Stream continuous improvement initiatives to improve costs and efficiencies throughout our manufacturing and planning process.
Who we are looking for:
• BS/BA degree required (preferably in an Industrial Engineering, Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management or Business Management).
• Past experience in manufacturing environment with responsibility for Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
• Firm understanding of manufacturing and distribution processes.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement principles and processes, and a passion for continuous improvement preferred.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in production scheduling, material handling, and/or supply chain management.
• Prior experience negotiating with vendors.
• Factory master data management
• Understanding and following the product life cycle process
• Excellent communication skills (strong verbal and written required).
• Customer service skills.
• Leadership and teamwork skills.
• Interpersonal skills (ability to effectively work with all levels from hourly to management).
• Time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.