Production Operator - Cocoa Plant - Continental Shifts
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Cocoa Plant Production Operator will be a permanent position. Successful candidates will work on a 12-hour Continental Shift rotating between Days and Nights. This position requires a strong mechanical aptitude, prior experience working in a manufacturing environment, and prior experience machine operating.
Successful Production Operators in the Cocoa Plant must be comfortable working with HMI Panels to monitor the production process and take samples when required.
- Maximize output of Cocoa Plant by minimizing downtime
- Minimize waste
- Recycle defective product when possible
- Monitor process through use of HMI Panels
- Sampling of material as required
- Ensure machine and floors are free from debris and product
- Identify machine problems and ensure they are resolved quickly
- Work well with maintenance in eliminating downtime
- Ensure product is produced according to company quality standards
- Ensure machine is locked out according to company safety policies and procedures
Who we are looking for:
A successful candidate must have/be:
- Ability to meet/exceed goals in a fast-paced environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to perform heavy lifting when required
- Meets the physical demands of the position
- Excellent eye and hand co-ordination
- Commitment to adhere to the company’s GMPs including the wearing of PPE
- Competent problem-solving skills
- Work in a team environment
- High sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment to Ferrero safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience operating manufacturing equipment an asset
$25.69 per hour
Night Shift Premium: $1.65 per hour
Weekend Shift Premium (Regularly scheduled Saturdays and Sundays): $4.00 per hour
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.