Plant Manager - Industrial Operations
Job Location: Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky (USA)
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
Ferrero has an exciting opportunity for a Plant Manager to lead the industrial operations of our rapidly expanding North American Production team. In this highly visible role, you will lead the vision and day-to-day operations of our Louisville cookie plant to deliver the highest quality products on time and within cost while identifying efficiencies and continuous improvement opportunities. As the Plant Manager you will partner with various functions across the organization both domestically and internationally.
Some of the key areas of responsibility for the Plant Manager are:
- Production Management: Actively monitor and positively influence Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Motivation, Environment (SQCDME) objectives.
- Production Scheduling & Logistics: Partner with internal stakeholders (local and internationally) in developing a production plan and schedule the ensure that short-term and long-term goals are achieved.
- Production Factors: Identify, plan, and implement initiatives to optimize production resources and systems.
- Quality: Constantly monitor product quality levels to guarantee compliance with Ferrero Central Quality department standards.
- Budget & Investments: Partner with the Global Technical Development & Investment office to prepare the production budget (highlighting any price variances with raw materials, packaging, etc.) as well as the future investment plan for the facility.
- Purchasing: Actively participate in the selection and negotiation process in compliance with Global guidelines and ensure appropriate agreement definitions and deliverables.
- Public & Government Relations: Manage Government, Non-Government (NGO), and Media organization relationships, and preserve Ferrero’s reputation for quality, passion, and trust.
- Environmental & Energy: Confirm that environmental & energy management systems have been implemented correctly.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree is required in a relevant field; advanced degree or certifications are preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience, and 2+ years of experience leading industrial operations.
- Expert knowledge of product technology and production processes within the North American Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Industry; preferably in the food industry
- Strong track record of leading and managing direct and indirect reports (salaried and hourly) as well as seasonal/temporary resources.
- Experience planning for seasonal production and resources
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment required, preferably in the food industry. Would consider additional FDA regulated industries including cosmetics and pharmaceuticals
- Experience in a unionized environment and understanding of union contracts
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Expert knowledge of product technology and production processes within the North American Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Industry; preferably in the food industry.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.