Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Network Specialist is responsible for Managing IT Network infrastructure services for the entire Group. This role will also be responsible for designing and managing IT infrastructure / security and support services implementation, ensuring the proper level of reliability and security, and ensuring that IT Network operations run smoothly, are consistently reliable and stable.
The role requires a primary focal point for IT Network projects and related technology delivery and will cover in close partnership with the Global IT organization (Platform) to effectively deploy and support IT applications to the business community in accordance with the IT Global Architecture.
- Serve as a technical specialist and responsible for managing, operating, and maintaining IT network, and security infrastructure
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and implement network architectures and topologies. Configure, operate, and recommend improvements to the network
- Follow incident and change management processes. Serve as the top tier in fault identification, isolation, analysis, and resolution for IP & Access network related technology platforms.
- Monitor and ensure the network is in a high-performance state
- Management of the full life of the systems with focus on control, monitoring, measurement, and improvement
- Prepare documentation; network diagrams, IP Schemes, hardware lists, prepare running-configurations and other information needed to execute or close off projects or support cases
- Respond to alerts and action or escalate as required to vendors
- Define technical specification and provide them to General Procurement to activate tender/negotiation with Vendors with regards to IT infrastructure.
- Work closely with Project Managers to create and coordinate scheduling, acquire necessary network project information such as hardware installation timetable, and establishes a schedule to ensure timely completion of projects
- Liaise with the Group IT and IT Network & Security Architect to manage end to end IT Projects, in order to deliver efficient IT solutions to the business.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 3+ years of prior work experience in a related position.
- CCNA, CCNP, MCSE or equivalent certification
- Profound knowledge in the area of network infrastructures. Familiarity with network design & optimization including LAN/WAN design incorporating multiple sites (MPLS & SD-WAN, VLANs, VPN & Remote Connectivity technologies) as well as effective network segmentation
- Implementation experience configuring, switches, routers, and firewalls (Cisco, Checkpoint)
- Project-related willingness to travel
- Ability to grasp business requirements and translate into technical concepts, think independently, and take the initiative required to resolve issues.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.