Microbiologist Lab Analyst
Job Location: Alfreton
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
A great opportunity has arisen with the our Laboratory for a Microbiologist. As a Microbiologist you will manage and coordinate the activities of the analysis laboratories (raw materials, instrumental, molecular biology, microbiology) to ensure Ferrero's standards and quality standards compliance. You will also be contributing to the development and improvement process of the products and materials used by the Ferrero Group carrying out laboratory analyses and tests needed to support the decision-making process (new materials, new products, semi-finished goods and competitive analysis etc.).
• Ensures the control of raw materials and semi-finished goods entering the Plant, carrying out chemical and physical toxicological, microbiological, and instrumental sampling and analysis, in the appropriate time to the needs of the warehouse and production.
• Executes analysis of inbound material, semi-finished and finished goods, providing warnings on anomalies, if necessary
• Ensures laboratory analysis, tests and research in projects aimed at controlling, improving, innovating products, materials, machineries, and production lines, supporting the related decision-making process.
• Preparation (weighing and dilution etc.) of samples, in accordance to the quality manual statements and to standard (defined at central Level) (e.g. sampling plans and frequencies arranged via SAP).
• Ensures the molecular biology analysis and guarantees the development of methods related to molecular biology analyses serving the Group.
• Execution of appropriate laboratory analysis by taking into consideration materials and products to be analyse
• Develops the sampling, analysis and specifications of semi-finished products, raw materials, finished products, packaging and surprises methodologies and performs audits on their correct application. Shares these methodologies with the Group AQS.
• Executes a proper result finding activity, data analysis, interpretation and related IT data ent
• Elaborates and defines the analytical and control methods for microbiological laboratory.
• Executes analysis to obtain correct quality of the results (precision, accuracy) according to regulations and participate in Ring Test
• Ensures the detection and construction of the analysis database.
• Participates in stock control, calibration of the tools and equipment, laboratory quality control, adheres to accident prevention regulations, executes central methods reported on the portal, etc.
Who we are looking for:
• We’re looking for someone with a scientific background, with a Microbiological degree or similar.
• Knowledge of Plymerase Chain Reaction System essential
• Highly skilled in classical microbiology techniques, methodology, equipment and supplies.
• Knowledge of food testing, food microbiology and food satfey
• You will be detail orientated, working with a high level of accuracy and quality at all times.
• Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills
• You will have great communication skills and have an ability and desire to build strong, collaborative working relationships
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.