Job Location: Florence
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Plant Operating Planning Specialist (a Material planner) who will ensure management & on time delivery of the supply of materials in order to guarantee the execution of the production schedule whilst maintaining optimal inventory levels of the materials they manage.The material planner will also work with procurement on the purchase requisitions generation, schedule agreement, generating call offs and managing potential material shortage. This role will be based in our Florence, KY plant. This position is a Mon-Friday 8am-5pm onsite role.
• Review production forecast weekly and prepare purchase requisition for materials required to meet production needs
• Manage new materials utilizing the ERP of the company to properly set up for production
• Manage material discontinuation and plans for depletion of inventory on hand to avoid obsolete material loss
• Ensure ordered materials arrive within time periods and quantities agreed upon
• Guarantee acceptance of packaging/raw materials into warehouse/tank farm
• Ensure the planning of Just in Time (where relevant)
• Maintain inventory levels in target with department and group KPI’s
• Validate inventory adjustments and ensure inventory coverage is appropriate based on Market requests and forecasts; Adjust future orders as necessary
• Investigate adjustments; track and measure stock outs
• Develop and maintain a strong positive rapport with all suppliers
• Ensure respect of governance between procurement and planning and escalating vendor issues in a timely and clear way
• Responsible for the forecasting of packaging/raw materials
• Responsible for submitting call offs on time to suppliers
• Identify potential material supply concerns, inform planning and marketing on timely manner with regards of criticalities
• Support Warehouse staff with questions and issues regarding incoming shipments
• Ensure scheduled lines & PO’s are open and accurate for receiving
• Communicate heavy inbound periods in advance to allow warehouse to strategize when capacity is reached
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in economics or engineering
• Knowledge of planning, MRP, logistics and CI processes
• Strong use of Excel and SAP
• Previous experience in a manufacturing company would be a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.