Head of KPS Engineering Far East
Job Location: Hong Kong
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As the Head of KPS Engineering Far East, you will manage the Far East Project Management and Industrial engineering teams in Hong Kong, China and Vietnam. You will be accountable for the KPS (Kinder Surpise) toys product development (industrialization phase) and related KPI results: timing, cost and other project deliverables (outlook, playability, etc.).
Your key responsibilities will be to coordinate with the industrial partner’s development effort ensuring the timely development of industrial tools and process set-up, ensure smooth production start-up, monitor/improve the industrial partners’ KPIs. You will be in-charge of fostering process automation and new processes introduction seeking better efficiency and will be a part of the Global Engineering Team (Engineering Pillar Program), contributing as SME to knowhow and best practices consolidation.
- Lead the toys project management team
- In-charge to monitor/improve the Far East development performance (development time, costs and other project deliverables)
- Manage criticalities and escalations with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide updated monthly status report to Head of Operation Far East
- Guarantee the alignment of the project status and relevant reporting tools (project list, PLM, etc.)
- Contribute to the concept feasibility check (previous and during project Handover from STEDI team to Industrial team)
- Contribute to the Engineering changes definition on critical cases (time sensitive, quality sensitive or cost sensitive)
- Contribute to standardization and consolidation of best practices and feedback to relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for functional standard definition (measurement of toy performances, in coordination and agreement with quality and marketing)
- Lead the toys industrial and tooling engineering team
- Monitor the execution of moulds and other process-related toolings to guarantee quality and capacity
- Follow-up critical project start-up to guarantee required capacity is available and rump-up is completed as planned.
- In charge of best practices definition and implementation at the production sites (in line with quality). Mass production issues debug team member (in line with quality)
Industrial partners development and management
- Monitor and improve the industrial partners performances (development timing KPI, Safety KPI, Production efficiency KPI) and the overall quality performance (focusing on, but not limited to Ferrero quality assessment (audit) results)
- Partner with quality and other operations functions to optimize the industrial partners footprint
Engineering Pillar team membership
- Contribute to the knowhow consolidation and best practice sharing among different production Areas
- Be part of the continuous improvement team, following-up the pillar masterplan
Who we are looking for:
- Technical engineering degree is a must have - Mechanical engineering degree preferred
- Total experience of 8-15 yrs with at least 5-8 years’ experience as a people manager and a project manager
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of Italian language or Mandarin/Cantonese language are an added advantage
- Plastic manufacturing knowledge (Automotive, Appliances, Toys background) are required.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.