General Labor/Machine Operator
Job Location: Bloomington
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
About the Role:
The principle functions of this position includes the safe and efficient operation of a variety of tasks in the manufacturing of food products. It is responsible for learning and working multiple jobs at the facility. This position can be placed in any General Labor opening, including Line Operator, Bar Packer, Overwrap Operator, Plant Cleaner, Palletizer, among others, which means the position and shift will likely change week-to-week.
• Know and practice all safety and GMP requirements in assigned work area.
• Always wear all required safety equipment and devices.
• Help with the line set up and shut down procedures.
• Adherence to all plant policies.
• Adapt to changes as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Inspect, straighten, align, separate or remove product on a conveyor.
• Examine rejected candy. Sort rejected product into appropriate container for repacking, reworking or disposal.
• Shake-out rejected candy.
• Start and stop the automatic wrapping machines.
• Collect and feed unwrapped candy bars into wrapping machines.
• Clear jams from the wrapping machine.
• Place wrapped bars of candy into cartons or cases in the proper arrangement and quantity.
• Replace rolls of overwrap.
• Inspected cartons for proper seal and code date.
• Remove overwrap from improperly wrapped cartons. Replace cartons onto line for rewrap.
• Stack-off wrapped cartons when case-packer stops momentarily or breaks down.
• Replace wrapped cartons onto line when space allows.
• Inspect cases for proper code dates, seals or damage and immediately report occurrences to supervisor.
• Remove empty boxes and place in cardboard cages.
• Remove debris and waste from floors.
• Empty vacuum bags and trash containers as needed.
• Sweep and wash floors, walls, overhead frames/fixtures, wall fans, exhaust vents, vents, sinks, drains, drinking fountains, refrigerators, microwave oven, Ice machine, displays, tables, chairs, windows, doors, trash containers and other plumbing fixtures.
Who we are looking for:
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Technical / vocational / associate degree preferred
- 2 years of work experience
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
- Able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when required.
- Willing to work various shifts starting as early as ~ 4:00am or as late as ~ 9:30pm.
- Must be available on an “as needed” basis. Willing to train in areas where needed, and be available to work as scheduled.
- Must be willing and able to read factory documents as necessary to understand and follow equipment operation, quality standards and safety procedures.
- Must be able to complete paperwork as needed for the job, including documentation of product codes, rejection of materials, material usage and quality records.
- Must be willing to communicate with Supervisor, Maintenance, and co-workers about issues and concerns as related to the line operations.
- Willing to work in a position that requires you to stand or walk almost continuously throughout the shift.
- Willing to work in a facility where milk, eggs, peanuts, soy and/or wheat allergens are processed, with or without accommodation.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.