Food Safety & Quality System Specialist - Maternity Cover
Job Location: Alba
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Within the context of rules and specifications of food safety, products and systems certifications, the Quality System Specialist promotes and implements the field actions in order to achieve the set objectives with a continuous improvement attitude.
As support of the PLANT QUALITY MANAGER, represents the quality Team in:
• Follows, for Quality System aspects, local authorities, certifications requirements and all
• For Quality System aspects promotes continuous improvement within the Plant
• Assures preparation and maintenance of all the certifications related to Food Safety & Quality: standard Group certifications (related to ISO 9000 audit, ISO9001 and FSSC22000), certifications (e.g. legal, ethic-religion, Kosher, Halal, …) required by local authorities and/ or clients (IFS, McDonald, Costco, etc.) and product certifications (e.g. RSPO, Rainforest, …)
• Guarantees internal inspections planning and execution, management audit follow up related to both Group Food Safety & Quality and Plant (Plant and related warehouses)
• Monitors process KPIs and assures central data collection related to Food Safety & Quality, certification and management system
• Monitors product KPIs and reports on the action plans progress to Plant Manager and to Plant Team, as well as to Food Safety & Quality Central functions
• Adapts the Food Safety & Quality manual and Plant procedures, working instructions and manages Plant FS & Quality documentation
• Guarantees training to Plant resources on Food Safety & Quality topics
• Support to elaborate and update Food Safety and HACCP/ FSMA plans, through a continuous risk analysis (leveraging on FS & Quality plant KPIs)
• Promptly provides support to the production department
• Supervision / coordination / alignment with specifications (e.g. through audit, MS, etc.)
• Training / communication / awareness in the plant for quality system activities
• Documentation drafting, sharing, updating, archiving in compliance with the requirements of Quality/Food Safety Certification system
Who we are looking for:
• Masters Degree in the field of Food Technology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or similar
• A deep knowledge of quality logics
• A teamwork oriented attitude
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
• knowledge of international quality and hygienic standard, HACCP, GMP
• Good quantitative analysis skills;
• Ability to work independently and in team;
• Result-oriented, problem solving and attention to details.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.