Food Safety & Quality System Specialist
Job Location: Franklin Park
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Food Safety & Quality System Specialist is based in Franklin Park, IL, one of the major Ferrero plants acquired in North America with 700+ employees producing iconic products: Butterfinger and Baby Ruth. The Food Safety & Quality Systems Specialist is a key support position in the Ferrero Quality Organization. In this position, you will report and work daily with the Food Safety & Quality Systems Supervisor supporting the implementation and sustain of Ferrero Quality and Food Safety Systems (certified under ISO9001 and FSSC22000 standards) and compliance with FDA requirements.
- Support in implementation of Quality system following ISO9001 model and Ferrero standard, in collaboration with Corporate Quality.
- Develop, update and sustain a Food Safety system based on model FSSC22000 and Ferrero Standards, in collaboration with Corporate Quality.
- Update and sustain the quality documentation in collaboration with the Quality supervisors in charge or sections of the plant.
- Create and update Food Safety Procedures.
- Prepare & coordinate all Food Safety & quality auditing and inspections for the site.
- Support for various certifications.
- Conduct validation and verification of Preventive Controls.
- Support the sustainability of the sanitation and GMP program.
- Coordinates and support the Food Safety and Quality Supervisor with all activities related to pest control program. Example: monitor trends, implement corrective actions needed.
- Coordinates and supports activities with the plant food safety team.
Who we are looking for:
- Two years’ experience of quality & food safety systems management, in a food manufacturing environment.
- Educational background BSC of Food Science or related field required.
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety System Pre-requisition program implementation in an organization required.
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety System HACCP and HARPC (preventive controls) implementation in an organization required.
- Strong knowledge of Quality System implementation in an organization required- PCQI, FSMA is an asset- Knowledge of ISO Standards ISO 9001 is an asset.
- Ability to conduct presentations (PowerPoint) and training sessions.
- Excellent skills in document control and program updating (Microsoft word & Excel).
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines- Strong communication skills in a multi-cultural environment.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.