Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
• The Sales Finance Analyst supports the business by analyzing the areas of trade spend management, pricing, and customer profitability to achieve key financial performance in Volume, Gross Sales, Net Sales and Selling Contribution (after selling overhead) and ensuring all pertinent information is appropriately reflected in the Commercial Unit’s financials and budgeting process
• Work cross-functionally to support business decisions with financial analysis
• Prepare and submit month end accruals, reviewing accuracy of the close
• Analysis of trade program proposals and trade spend ROI
• Ensure compliance and control of activities to satisfy audit requirements
Insights and Analytics
• Generate and assist in preparing/updating routine/monthly reports such as Customer P&Ls, Trade Scorecards etc
• Partner with the specific sales/account teams to deliver against targets on volume, trade and net sales
• Drive financial and business controls, through monthly trade review (trade scorecard and customer P&Ls) with specific account teams
• Work with the Account and Sales Finance teams to drive improved profitability through Customer P&L’s, incremental business opportunity and mix management
• Provide analytical support to the sales/account teams regarding various initiatives or opportunities
• Work with sales/accounts teams to maintain tight control over trade spending and ensure that ROI targets and funding principles are met.
• Review "pre" & "post" promotional event analysis and highlight areas of opportunity
• Oversee trade spend programs and provide guidance to the sales organization on best practices opportunities to optimize
• Responsible for monitoring estimates vs plan, ensuring appropriate handling of all retail trade spend and provide assistance with resolution of outstanding issues & deductions.
• Help support and provide recommendations to optimize trade spending
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Finance or Sales / Business Development
• 1-3 years of progressive financial planning and analysis experience with focus in Sales and Marketing
• CPA designation preferred, or working towards CPA
• Knowledge of financial reporting systems is an asset (HFM and Essbase)
• Advanced Proficiency in SAP, Excel, Powerpoint, BPC/TPM, BluePlanner
• Ability to set and achieve goals
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Initiative to complete and follow up on projects until completion
• Ability to communicate and influence effectively to all levels of the organization
• Ability to solve problems and set priorities
• Strong analytical skills and business knowledge to identify issues and provide potential solutions
• Strong communication, negotiation and influence skills to work with various customers
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.