Electrical Technician - Bloomington, IL
Job Location: Bloomington, IL
This role will be based in our production plant in Bloomington, IL.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Electrical Technician is responsible for all aspects related to Electricity, Automation, Process Control, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and the Factory Automation System (FAS) infrastructure, applications and resources according to Ferrero's strategies, standards, specifications, local codes and regulations. In this role you will maintain the plant at a high level of efficiency, safety and quality. The Electrical Technician will provide technical direction and training to all Electrical and Control Technicians and partner with other departments to provide necessary support and maintenance for optimal plant operations. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager and will be based in our production plant in Bloomington, IL.
- Manage all technical aspects of the plant’s electrical power distribution from the utility company service entrance down through switchboards, transformers, distribution panels, etc. to all individual loads
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all factory electrical and automaton needs – central engineering, OEM’s, vendors, utility, etc.
- Specify, design, modify, configure, and verify electrical and automation systems
- Perform in depth and high-level troubleshooting on electrical and automation systems
- Lead, support and train the plant's Electrical and Automation team (Control Techs, Maintenance Supervisors and more) in a Union environment
- Provide professional 24/7 technical support to the Electrical & Automation team
Who we are looking for:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in manufacturing; food processing operations and technology is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of electricity and electrical systems in a manufacturing facility
- Strong knowledge of electrical safety
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero North America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.