District Operations Manager, Ontario (6 Month Contract)
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for managing the retail Team segment of Ferrero’s Customers, within company strategies and policies, in order to optimize Ferrero Canada penetration in the Canadian retail market. Primary focus is achieving brand objectives for the Building blocks of in store measure (distribution, freshness, pricing, display, and shelving). This focus will be achieved by building strong working relationships with customers, by being proactive at finding opportunities, by being solution oriented and finding solutions to road blocks that stand in between you and your objectives and by being detail oriented and managing all aspects of your business. The position has significant channel and retail complexity along with extensive regional travel so the ability to stay organized and prioritize is essential.
This role is located at 100 Sheppard Avenue East, North York, ON M2N 6N5.
• Communicate to store customers the promotion plan in order to achieve objectives and increase business
• Successful follow through of all promotional activities right through the executional stage, ensuring that forecasts are successfully delivered.
Forecast and Budget
• Establish and propose volume expectations for prescribed period; develop and propose budget in order to achieve business results
• Continuously ensuring that forecasts are accurate and are being achieved
• Finding solutions to rectify forecast shortfalls thus ensuring the original planned numbers are delivered
• Initiate contact with potential new customers in order to grow business
• Continuously looking for ways to improve processes, change thinking, create new strategies with the end goal of improving the business – both sales and dollars
• Develop and communicate sales initiatives to Sales Reps and Wholesalers in order to achieve business results
• Establish strong working relationships with Customer DM’s and Wholesaler Sales Managers in an effort to gain support, and improvement, on retail execution
• Find creative solutions and programs to drive excitement and gain buy in from internal Sales Reps and Wholesaler Sales Reps
• Continuously working to find creative solutions, and gain buy in, that would put our brands in optimum selling positions at store level
Communication Flow Management
• Facilitate and coordinate communication flow between company and market in order to assure the business continuity on daily basis
• Execute Ferrero freshness policy with specific accounts and maintain budgets
Head Quarter Strategy and Organization
• Recommend the retail strategy and coverage strategy for specific accounts
• Develop strategic relationship with specific customers
• Nurture all business partnerships with the desired outcome of developing a true business partnership instead of just a customer / vendor relationship
• Recommends in conjunction with retail operations appropriate retail coverage strategies for specific impulse customers
Who we are looking for:
• Extensive knowledge of retail and wholesale merchandising and logistics best practice.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community (suppliers, customers, associations, brokers).
• Skill in negotiating and managing contractual arrangements.
• Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
• Skill in fostering a cooperative work environment.
• Skill in planning, organizing, and implementing a range of sales promotion programs and/or events.
• Skill in coordinating and organizing effective meetings.
• Skill in time management and prioritization of tasks
• Knowledge of Ferrero Group freshness objectives/best practices.
• Experience with category management and trade marketing
• Experience with managing and delivering on forecasts
• Experience with managing and delivering on trade spend budgets
• Computer, negotiations, presentation and financial skills
• Promotion planning and merchandising ability
• Knowledge of Canadian retail and distribution network.
• Ability to set objectives and achieve goals.
• Ability to be proactive in finding opportunities and solutions.
• Ability to lead and influence others.
• Ability to problem solve and set priorities.
• Ability to manage a diverse and extensive customer base
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work effectively with others.
• Ability to communicate effectively one-on-one (verbal and written).
• Ability to work effectively with facts / figures / data.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.