Credit & Account Receivable Manager
Job Location: Bruxelles
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Credit/Account Receivable Manager to oversee the entire process of collecting payments from our company’s customers and to have the full responsibility on Credit control and “Invoice To Cash” Benelux portfolio.
The A/R Manager will be part of the financial administration team, will report to the Financial Administration & Tax Manager Benelux and Ardennes, and will manage two Account Receivable Officers.
Our ideal candidate is familiar with accounting procedures, can manage daily financial transactions end-to-end and has experience managing a financial team. Ultimately, you should be able to ensure accuracy and efficiency throughout our entire accounts receivable process.
If this sounds like you, we’d like to meet you.
You will be accountable for the Benelux” Invoice To Cash” portfolio according to the credit policy and will ensure customer compliance with payment terms. You will manage the debt collection including frequent contacts with customer payable and senior management staff to secure on time payment of debts.
You will implement the local and group credit policy, and will enforce payment terms, control claims, credit levels, and insurance level by customers.
You will ensure that authorisation levels and limits are aligned with the business needs and will suggest new procedures to improve the “Invoice to Cash” credit/treasury process.
You will set objectives for the account receivable team that align with the accounting department’s goals.
• Manage aged trial balance
• Liaise with customers to ensure payments are received on time
• Liaise with Sales department to ensure timely authorisation of claims
• Strong follow-up of deductions made by the customers
• Ensure that payments received are allocated correctly
• Ensure there are no unallocated receipts at the month end
• Ensure that all the invoices (incl. EDI flows) are correctly sent & received by the customers
• Make recommendations to changes in Bad Debt Provision
• Ensure company terms and conditions are enforced (as per local and group policy)
Customer Maintenance: (As per Credit policy)
• Responsibility for full compliance with credit policy and internal controls
• Perform credit risk assessments on a regular basis and regular updates on customer credit files
• Ensure new accounts are signed off by all relevant managers
• Ensure customer master files are reviewed and updated on a regular basis
• Ensure any changes to customer master files is logged and authorised
• Responsibility for monthly reporting to Finance management & business, as well as constant and pro-active communication with the business regarding specific overdue and credit risks.
• Produce weekly reports reflecting the situation of all documents on the ledger
• Constant review of ATB to ensure control over all claims, especially Invoices/claims older than 30 days.
• Ongoing Reconciliation of all accounts.
• Ensure that only authorised claims are processed by AR team
• Ensure that unauthorised claims are referred to the sales/SCI department
• Ensure that claims are date-stamped when they received by finance department
Supervision (2 employees)
• Appropriate management of staff members
• Ensure appropriate workflow and workload
• Guide and support Account Receivable Officers on a daily basis
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Finance/ Accounting
• +/- 5 years in Credit Management
• Proven work experience as an Account Receivable Manager or Supervisor
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP experience
• Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports
• Fluent in Dutch, French & English
• Ability to solve problems and set priorities
• Ability to lead, influence and work effectively with others
• Effective Interpersonal skills to develop healthy business relationships
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• People, team and meeting management
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.