Consumer Research Manager - Tic Tac
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero North America is headquartered in Parsippany, NJ and operates on a hybrid model with 2 days working from home/3 days working in the office.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Consumer Research Manager to join Ferrero North America and be extraordinary with us! In this role you will be a strategic business partner for the Mint and Candy categories and are responsible for generating consumer insights that inform price, pack, promotion, positioning and communication decisions. You will play a critical role in helping us understand our target audience, their needs, preferences and behavior and translating that knowledge into actionable recommendations. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, possesses strong analytical skills and has a passion for uncovering consumer insights. This position will be based in our Parsippany, NJ office and report to the Director of Consumer and Market Insights.
Business, Research and Budget Planning
- Support an annual brand situation assessment (Insights Day) and deliver consumer insights which define opportunities to drive growth as input to 5-year plans
- Identify trends which will impact brand performance in the short and long term
- In collaboration with the brand teams, define consumer research needs with respect to brand strategies, budget for those needs, and execute plan within budget
- Identify capability gaps, emerging needs and new technologies that will create competitive advantage
- Consult with clients to clearly define insights needs and identify the right approach to research
- Collaborate with appropriate vendors to develop research proposals that answer business questions
Project, Stakeholder and Vendor Management
- Manage projects with respect to timing, budget, agreed deliverables and needs of multiple stakeholders
- Analyze results and communicate in a clear and compelling manner to influence decisions
- Brief, evaluate, select and manage vendors to deliver results
- Integrate learning across multiple sources (retail sales, household panel, social media, media data, marketing mix, etc.) to understand brand barriers and opportunities
Advertising Tracking and Equity Measurement
- Lead quarterly reviews on in-market advertising performance
- Lead analysis of the Brand Value Creator (BVC) equity measurement tool to identify growth opportunities
- Train and develop marketing team in accessing and applying brand performance tracking information
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Psychology, Sociology, Business or a related field; Master's degree is a plus
- At least 5 years of proven experience in consumer research or market research in a CPG company
- Strong marketing acumen and commercial understanding
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex data and draw actionable insights
- Experience in Concept Testing, Communication Testing (TV and Digital), Packaging & Graphics Testing, Price Testing, Segmentation, Attitude & Usage Testing
- Experience with all or most of the following:
- Qualitative & Quantitative Research Methods
- Marketing Metrics
- Questionnaire Design
- Digital Measurement
- Univariate and Multivariate statistics
- Project Management & Vendor Management
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero North America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.