Co-Manufacturing Site Specialist, Keebler Brands
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Co-Manufacturing Site Specialist will be responsible for working with up to ten Co-Manufacturing locations across the US. This role will contribute towards cost saving measures at 3rd party locations, be responsible for maintaining the performance of the supplier to contract obligations and executing material sourcing strategy to optimize material costs and mitigate risks. The Co-Manufacturing Site Specialist will ensure that 3rd party quality principals are followed, work closely with the Production Planning team to make sure that packaging and raw materials are available for the locations and liaise with 3rd party employees, production planners and the Ferrero management team.
The Co-Manufacturing Site Specialist will be based in our Chicago, IL office. All Ferrero corporate offices operate on a hybrid model with 2 days working from home/3 days working in the office.
- Propose opportunities to expand capabilities and/or capacity for volume growth
- Assess 3rd parties companies for their ability to manufacture finished good products within Ferrero requirements
- Coordinate new product launches between 3rd Party Manufacturers, Packaging Development Department, R&D, Planning and Cost Accounting
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define SLA's and KPI’s for suppliers and measure the appropriate criteria, such as delivery of business results, cost reduction, quality and timeliness of delivery
- Responsible for line efficiency and turnkey costs STD vs ACT
- Ensure production material are available for CoMan and manage the inventory in all 3PL locations
- Identify any cost saving measures at 3rd party locations
- Review contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and to Identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal
- Manage contracts ensuring performance of the supplier to contract obligations
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, industrial or related field is required
- 2+ years of related experience in the food industry; experience working in a production environment is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50% throughout the US and Canada
- Experience working with SAP and Excel
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.