Cherries, Almonds and Eggs Category Manager
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our HQs in Luxembourg, we are looking for a Category Manager for our Raw Material Procurement function which reports to the head of categories.
The new member of the team will be in charge of collaborating in the definition of the sourcing strategy according to medium and long term Group guidelines, managing the spend of respective portfolio, ensuring supply, collaborating to improve quality level and to minimize procurement risk as well we will be actively involved in the innovation process both for new geographies and new products. This role is an individual contrubutor role.
• Collaborates in the definition of the strategy of the Category of responsibility,
• Applies and implements purchasing policies, vendor management and developing policies, based on technical, organizational, economical and international financial knowledge
• Improves knowledge of the category, material and supply chain,, performs market analyses,
• Menages procurement activities, from RFI, RFP, RFQ till contract and PO/SA, ensuring product availability, prices, quality and service.
• Ensures supply in cooperation with central and local departments
• Contributes to the risk profile evaluation for the Category of responsibility, monitoring and reducing it
• Monitors suppliers performances (financial, service, quality) in order to set the annual suppliers evaluation
• Elaborates the budget and the medium-term plans according to the Function’sstrategy
• Ensures achievement of the budget and medium-term plan objectives (KPI)
STRATEGIC SOURCING & SCOUTING
• Works in cross-functional team (internal and external stakeholders) for scouting of new or alternative material, market and suppliers
• Supports supplier qualifications to ensure business requirement
NEGOTIATION and SRM
• Conducts negotiation with suppliers of the Category of responsibility
• Maintains, consolidates and improves relationships with existing suppliers, to ensure continuity, manage criticalities and strengthen common objectives
COMPLIANCE AND SUSTAINABILITY
• Collaborates with other Functions in the definition and implementations of policies: quality , legal, insurances, environmental, ethical
• In collaboration with internal business partners verifies consistency of the vendor with the Ferrero ethical, legal and insurance requirements
• Negotiates, deploys and verifies compliance of contracts and master agreements
Who we are looking for:
• Master's Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or other related fields;
• 5+ years of experience in Procurement and Expertise in Category Management;
• Previous role in a purchasing department or other related experience to the category or other raw materials;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• People management and employee coaching/development skills;
• Knowledge of principal manufacturing and sustainability processes;
• Enthusiasm, passion and commitment to excellence with a result-oriented approach;
• A fast learner who rapidly moves up the learning curve and wants to continue to take over new responsibilities;
• Ability to work with all levels and functions within the Company, and with external business partners;
• Ability to perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s values.
• Proficiency with SAP, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Fluency in English is mandatory;
• Any other language skills are considered a plus.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.