Canadian Media Manager
Job Location: Toronto
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
- To develop Country media strategy (including Owned and Earned platforms) in coordination with Country Marketing Managers in compliance with the guidelines defined by the Area Media Manager and as per Category Strategies defined for the market
- To implement Digital campaigns and analyze campaigns’ performance for the portfolio of brands
• Together with Area Media Manager develop the construction of a media strategy for Ferrero and the Marketing team to deliver the 3-5 year objectives and to lead the implementation of the media marketing strategy, based on Marketing Director’s, Area Media Manager’s and Brand Managers’ inputs
• Define and translate business strategies into concrete media strategic objectives and complex concepts into practical marketing actions.
• In-depth knowledge of the Canadian media marketplace , create engaging media plans with the media agency while contributing to the overall Inter-Agency-Team (IAT) across all brands
• Ensure development of media content required to achieve key business priorities.
• Evaluate the current experience in media products (including activities in Country and best practiced from other countries)
• Allocate budget on media activities and define the right budget phasing, according to Marketing campaigns/ activities
• Ensure all media is effectively controlled and maintained within defined budget
• Closely cooperate with Brand Teams and Area Media Manager to ensure that all media solutions are rooted in Brands’ values, strategies, and business objectives
• Ensure media solutions are an integral part of the company’s media plan and is consistent with the other marketing activities
• Support the execution of new product innovation when product experience requires integration into owned / managed digital assets
• Manage agency partners on creative execution for all media marketing campaigns, including brief creation, creative concept development, design and layout of content and tools
• Brief, control, manage day-to-day planning and evaluate the work of media agencies, internet agencies, and web developers, involved in execution of media strategy
• Take part and oversee the negotiations with local media partners, following Group and Area guidelines
• Put in place KPI for digital projects, actions to reach them and follow up on results, analyze projects performance, propose measures to increase performance
• Provide reports and analysis on campaign and content performance. Establish performance metrics for content and media activation - responsible for the success of integrated activation of media campaigns to achieve business and brand objectives.
• Analyze and interpret media trends to identify and recommend opportunities for brands development and support
• Oversee the development of design solutions to support media marketing campaigns,
• Ensure that all content has been reviewed for compliance and meets with the relevant regulatory recommendations of Marketing/ PR
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelors degree preferred
• 4-7 years of experience in a similar role
• Excellent knowledge of Internet culture (knowledge of Digital Media Communication, Social Media Marketing, digital PR and Content marketing) and ability to transfer this knowledge into Ferrero brand support strategy
• Being flexible and open-minded to understand Ferrero culture
• Experience and education/training on brand marketing is a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.Please include the name of people who can be contacted by internal candidates for more information. This field will be visible to internal candidates only.