Trade Business Intelligence Manager
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Trade Business Intelligence Manager is responsible for ensuring organizational business understanding of the trade, monitoring Ferrero performance vs. target, and monitoring competitor performance through the development of standard reporting and dashboards. This position will organize the performance management cadence, process, and content. The Trade Business Intelligence Manager will collaborate with the trade marketing and sales organization to understand the data requirements for the commercial organization and work with IT to plan commercial reporting capabilities. The position will be based in our US headquarters in Parsippany, NJ and report to the VP of Trade Business Intelligence.
- Ensure organizational business understanding of the trade, monitor Ferrero performance vs. target, and monitor competitor performance through the development of standard reporting and dashboards
- Organize the performance management cadence, process, and content
- Own and manage the monthly business review process, aligning Marketing, Sales, and Consumer & Shopper Understanding (CSU) on Ferrero performance vs. target and monitor competitor performance
- Own Trade Marketing content for the Commercial Alignment Meeting to align with Sales and Marketing on key performance topics and forward-looking projects
- Collect data on all store activities (assortment visibility, planogram compliance, prices, promos, display, ad feature, etc.) that have been implemented by geography, channel, customer, store format, etc
- Standardize reporting of data and publish to stakeholders to support post analysis, benchmarks, and other in-store activities plans
- Collaborate with the trade marketing and sales organization to understand the data requirements for the commercial organization and work with IT to plan commercial reporting capabilities
- Monitor and analyze category, competition and consumer market data to identify business opportunities and develop new category development plans
- Define tools and data methodology to be used in collecting, storing, and sharing performance data
- Collaborate with the Trade Marketing and Sales organization to understand the data
- Develop and maintain a positive, productive relationship with Trade Marketing, Field Sales, and brand team stakeholders
- Assist in developing presentations for senior leadership to present to the organization
- Collaborate with Trade Marketing, Category Management, Brand Marketing teams, and the Channel VPs to set annual KPIs
- Maintain and track performance of annual KPIs by brand / channel
- Prepare and support preparation of presentations and custom data requests for internal and external meetings
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business/marketing discipline required; MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience required, CPG experience is preferred
- Strong financial acumen and P&L management with an understanding of the need for rigor regarding spending choices and the importance of ROI
- Syndicated data experience (IRI or Nielsen) where candidate has pulled their own data
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex sets of data and make business recommendations based on analysis
- Must possess a basic knowledge of project/program management concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to build consensus and foster positive relationships
- Capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks and removing obstacles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures
- Ability to creatively organize and present data in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and work well cross-functionally
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to convince, influence, and motivate all levels within the business to achieve objectives
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.