Shift Supervisor (Straight Nightshift)
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As a Production Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the Production Line Team on your shift. We lean on our Shift Supervisors to be People Managers and Leaders, while also balancing the day-to-day activities involved with optimizing production and ensuring the preparedness of the shift including such factors as planning material availability, training, labour and machinery. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Production Line Manager and report to the Department Manager.
This position will be part of a straight Night Shift.
The Shift Supervisor will balance a wide portfolio of responsibility including, but not limited to:
- Is responsible for the daily activities for the optimization of the production factors (material, method, labor force and machineries) providing all necessary information to Line responsible and Department Manager with the usage / handling modalities of the single shift.
- Is responsible within his shift for all production phases of their area of competence (Preparation, Moulding, Packaging)
- Is responsible for doing the inventory inside their area of responsibility
- Is responsible for the presence of packaging/raw materials, semi-finished envisaged for the successive shifts through the co-ordination of the person in charge for packaging.
Production Planning/Shift Hand over
- Supports the planning of the operating activities on the lines within his area of competence
- Prints the production programs and the production models and completes all the necessary actions shared with the Department Manager for the production program execution
- Supports the Local Planning Department and the Team leaders for the in process changes of quantity to produce
- Supervises and changeover activities, together with the Quality Department and Packaging Component Providers
- In conjunction with Team Leaders and Maintenance, participates in and supports the equipment start up of the line of his area of competence
- Verify and inspects cleaning activities completed by Operators and Team Leaders
- Completes all shift handover responsibilities, supporting Team leader in communicating main information and issues
- Supervises and collects data from Team Leaders in order to update Production system (SAP for line hours, manpower, waste and recyclables)
- Approves and submits all shift reports and shift end production declaration
- Identifies and proposes continuous improvement initiatives and improvement areas
- Collaborates with the Department Manager and Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement Department in the development and application of Continuous Improvement initiatives
Main Responsibilities Continued
Safety and Hygiene
- Responsible for the hygiene and sanitation compliance of the production area;
- Supports periodic scheduling of sanitation measures to rearrange work areas and disinfect equipment and tools.
- Collaborates with Quality Department and Team Leader in supporting and supervising auto-control activities
- Responsible for working within the guidelines of all applicable aspects of food safety program (ISO, HACCP, GMP) and ensuring compliance
- Tastes and evaluates products
- Ensure all program requirements/standards regarding quality and food safety are implemented, practiced and maintained
- Ensures compliance with health & safety regulations not limited to and including the assigned production area;
- Completes health & safety incident/accident reporting;
- Participates in internal safety audits and is the production reference during internal/external quality and safety audits
- Ensures the monthly safety talks are done with workers
Human Resources Management
- Responsible for the accurate allocation of employees on the lines (absence and availability verification, team composition, cross-lines and cross departments movement)
- Support the Department Manager in the management of absenteeism and documentation due to scheduled vacations and unscheduled illnesses to ensure proper coverage;
- Prepares the employee performance review and collaborate with the Department Manager when required
- Manages workplace personnel issues, respecting company guidelines and informing the Department Manager and HR
- Manages accidents on the line (first aid intervention, accident reporting, accident investigation, ) supported by the Team Leader, according to company guidelines.
- Ensures workplace training requirements are met for all personnel in area
- Requests the intervention of the maintenance in the case of breakdown and repair service; in the cases of urgency he requests the intervention of the Utilities Maintenance
- Requests the intervention of the maintenance in the case of breakdown and repair service; in the cases of urgency he requests the intervention of the Facilities Maintenance
- Verifies the maintenance interventions are performed in the scheduled time and according to hygiene and safety standards
- To assist in the implementation of and conformance to the Environmental Management System within key process areas
Who we are looking for:
Our ideal next Shift Supervisor will have:
- Knowledge of production lines and machinery (production performance indicators, technological processes);
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Experience in stock management, production models and planning techniques;
- Dedication to Food Safety, Quality and Sanitation policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills;
- Ability to troubleshoot technological problems;
- Demonstrated team building skills;
- Well-versed in SAP, Excel, would be an asset.
- Experience in lean manufacturing practices e.g. 5S
- Well practiced skills in delivering and facilitating training
- Strong inter-personal skills, and ability to work in a matrix system;
- Demonstrated ability to direct production employees in a proactive and positive manner;
- At least one year of experience as a Team Leader or Supervisor in a manufacturing setting.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
In the role of Shift Supervisor (RTO), a successful candidate should demonstrate a drive for results, be adept at managing people and be able to work effectively in a matrix organization through organizational integration.
- Fully company paid benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Great employer-matched pension program
- 14 weeks Parental Leave top-up
- Opportunitites for advancement
- Continuous training opportunities
- EAP Program
- Competitive wages
- Shift Premiums
- Employee events such as BBQ’s, Ice cream days, and Ferrero product give aways!
- On site cafeteria
- Free parking
- Dedicated Covid Safety Team
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.