Regional Sales Manager - Central
Job Location: Texas is preferred
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will report to the Grocery Channel Team Leader and will work on day to day Broker Management within the specified Channel / Region. The RSM will undertake VP level engagement across the core Customer & Broker base as well as serve as the “Commercial” subject matter expert for the respective Account portfolio. The RSM will develop Sales Account strategies and translate them into Distribution, Shelving, Pricing and Merchandising objectives aligned to Go-To-Market strategies and budgets. This role will support key cross-functional internal relationships, including Category Management, Trade Marketing, Sales Operations and Sales Forecasting.
- Deliver Account / Regional level volume & value targets as agreed with the Broker partners
- Deliver Monthly Trade Spend targets as agreed during the Broker Go-To-Market strategy development
- Lead the delivery of key monthly Broker KPI’s across all Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising and Pricing (DSMP) metrics
- Monitor Broker development of effective planning and Channel sales strategies, programs, and Commercial policies
- Define and implement Account / Regional targets for Sales and profitability growth across the Customer / Broker
- Engage and manage the Broker relationships at the most Senior stakeholder levels
- Provide clear direction to Brokers and prioritization of DSMP initiatives, including evaluation of KPI’s, results and quarterly reviews
- Provide complete and timely information to brokers to support their sales efforts including trade plans, marketing plans, consumer insights, and product knowledge
- Maintain accuracy across Account level forecasting on a Monthly basis
- Manage relationships with key internal stakeholders and peers including: Trade Marketing, Category Management, Sales Operations, Sales Forecasting & Channel VP’s/Directors
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; MBA is a plus
- At least 5 years experience in Account Management, Merchandising, and/or Category Management experience, across North America in a CPG setting
- Multi-channel CPG experience preferred (C-store, Mass, Grocery, Dollar, e-Comm & Value)
- Strong communication skills with an ability to outline and reinforce the N. America Regional vision / strategy
- Strategic and pro-active mindset with interpersonal skills and an ability to influence at the most Senior stakeholder levels
- Strong External (Customer) network
- Commercially astute with a strong business sense and excellent problem solving / analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Sales Forecasting and Trade Spend Management
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.