Quality Specialist Supervisor
Franklin Park, (Chicago) IL
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With recent acquisitions in the US, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
About the Role:
This position is located in Franklin Park (Chicago), one of the major Ferrero plant acquired in North America with 700+ employees producing iconic products: Butterfinger and Baby Ruth.
The Quality Supervisor is a key functional and management position in the Ferrero Quality Organization, and is in charge for quality and Food safety, of a full section of the plant producing a line of products.
As a member of the Quality Leadership Team of the plant, this position reports directly to the Head of Quality.
Manage directly a team of 3 members and is actively involved in cross functional work with Production, R&D/Technology, Engineering, Maintenance.
The Quality Supervisor support the implementation of the Ferrero Food Safety and Quality Standards in replacement of the standards in place before the acquisition.
He/she guarantees that the production unit operates in compliance with Quality & Food safety standards determined by Ferrero Quality Department.
Leads root cause analysis related to Non-Conformances. Actively involved in the continuous improvement process and implement related actions.
Responsible for employees’ Quality training and development, in order to assure the achievement of quality objectives.
1. Participate with the Food Safety & Quality Systems supervisor, and the head of quality for the plant, in the development and in the implementation or new standards when required.
2. Maintain Product & Process Quality Standard
- Overview the application of the product and process quality specifications, using the corporate information system and SAP.
- Manage and guide activities performed by operators on the production line.
- Manage the documentation, instructions and records.
- Analyze trends and performance indicators, calculate and communicate KPI’s at multiple levels.
- Supports the production department for all quality matters related to the production process
3. Verify the application of our Quality system procedures, following ISO 9001 model and group requirement.
4. Verify the application of our Food Safety systems procedures, following GFSI / FSSC22000 model.
- Periodically verifies the effectiveness of the food safety plans
- Ensure results are recorded in company reports and forms
5. Verify the application of our GMP rules.
6. Manage Non-Conformance for her/his area:
- Manage products on hold for quality reasons
- Manages non-conformities
- Manages the root cause analysis for NC and consumer complaints
7. Responsible with his/her team for Final Product Release
8. Train employees:
- Plans, organizes, provides training to the employees in production and support functions
- Supports operators to verify that the auto-control activities are executed correctly.
- Provides all the necessary trainings in respect of GMP
9. Team management
- Management of her/his team to ensure that all activities are performed on time.
- Ensure that all team members are trained on related procedures and operate in compliance with the work instructions and procedures.
- Organize work schedule and priorities of her/his team.
- Manage the yearly performance evaluation of direct reports.
Who we are looking for:
B.Sc Degree in Food Science, Food technology preferred, or other related field
Minimum 4 years in a Quality Supervisor role in a plant in food industry.
Familiar with Food safety systems, quality systems.
Knowledge and experience in Root Cause Analysis and Problem-Solving Techniques
• Knowledge of raw materials, quality assurance and quality control.
• Experience of GFSI standards (FSSC 22000, SQF, BRC) required, Quality Standard ISO9001 is a plus.
• Internal auditing experience is an asset
• Ability to conduct presentations and training sessions
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
• Strong communication skills in a multi-cultural environment
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.