Quality Product Specialist - Contract - Continental Shift
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This position will report to the Quality Specialist to ensure integrity and the highest level of quality for all Ferrero products. The Quality Product Specialist will be responsible for the inspection of both work in process and finished products.
This position will work 12 hour rotating continental shifts and is on a Contract basis.
• Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
• Fill and keep correctly all reports from quality inspection or others included in the quality activities
• Provide correct information pertaining to quality to other departments or even to Quality
• Supports with the creation and distribution of Quality and Food Safety related documentation (e.g., auto-control instructions and related forms, cleaning and sanitation, oPRP, CCP, etc.) in relation to the production lines under competence.
• Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Plans, organizes, provides and assess results for Quality related training such as for auto-control employees and for outsourcers, CCP, oPRP monitoring, etc. to be executed on production lines.
• Supports operators to verify that the auto-control activities are put in place correctly.
• Handle and archives appropriately the records of the training provided to the production team.
• Inspect and audit process and products to verify compliance within standards
• Follow production activities to ensure compliance of the quality standards of products, GMP and Food Safety.
• Provide in-line training to QC operators for the auto-control checks and Food safety controls
• Ensure timely reporting and risk assessment of Food safety and Quality issues
• Operational management of nonconforming product holds and releases
• Participation in SIM2 meetings for the continuous improvement
• Ensure the inspection of the finished product output; guarantee that the finished products meet the quality specifications established by the Ferrero Quality Department.
• Ensure the examination of the quality reports from the day prepared from production personnel (entry of data in the systems such as SAP-QM or Fenice) ensure the examination of monthly reports; request and verify adjustment as required.
• Collaboration with the Production unit in order to seek continuous quality improvement.
• Ensure that the correct tools for quality inspection are used.
• Collect and keep retained samples from the lines in the archive.
• Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
• Train personnel from the production units responsible for quality check of the product (self-control) and on other relevant quality requirements (in-line taste testing, CCP, oPRP checks)
• Work close to the self-control personnel from the production units on the daily basis to guarantee the compliance of the quality checks made – including standards levels and allowances
• Work with the Quality Specialists to evaluate and take actions on products with any deviation of quality standard
• Records good movements on SAP (e.g. stock for quality controls / blocked stock / blocked on behalf of FTL)
• Risk assessment along with production and maintenance team, of the production line and the finished product in case of Food safety and Quality non-compliance
• Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
• Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
• Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with company standards, laws, or regulations.
• Releases non-conformity reports anytime monitored parameter shows “out of standard” values.
• In case of issues or anomalies, works with the UGP Team, Quality Specialist and other supporting departments to determine and implement corrective actions to avoid that the same issues continue to appear.
Who we are Looking for:
• Ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness;
• Ability to see details at close range;
• Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem;
• Ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences among sets of letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns. The things to be compared may be presented at the same time or one after the other. This ability also includes comparing a presented object with a remembered object;
• Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing;
• Ability to identify or detect a known pattern (a figure, object, word, or sound) that is hidden in other distracting material;
• Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations);
• Ability to add, sub-tract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly
• Degree or diploma in Science related field
• Experience in Quality Control or Quality Assurance
• Food manufacturing experience an asset
• Knowledge of HACCP
• Knowledge in SAP an asset
• Experience with computer systems/Microsoft Office
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work overtime to support production requirements
• PCQI certification would be an asset
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
- Opportunitites for advancement
- Continuous training opportunities
- EAP Program
- Competitive wages
- Shift Premiums
- Employee events such as BBQ’s, Ice cream days, and Ferrero product give aways!
- On site cafeteria
- Free parking
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.