PMO - North America Innovation Center
Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
This exciting new role will be responsible for leading and supporting the project coordination and their correct implementation across the following functions in our N. American Innovation Center (NAM IC) located in downtown Chicago:
- R&D Laboratory and Product Observatory team: in charge of cross-category product development activities and aimed to boost breakthrough product innovation, monitoring local competitors’ activities and launches
- Open Innovation Science: supporting the Group in discovery, evaluation and integration plans of external science and technology innovation with the scope of generating growth and differentiation in next generation products combining superior taste performance, improved nutritional profile and sustainability
- Raw Material R&D: supporting the scouting, testing and specification definition of novel raw materials
- Kinder Toy antenna: supporting the Group in discovery, evaluation and integration plans of external science and technology innovation with the scope of generating growth and differentiation in next generation toys
- Food Trend: scouting of relevant nutrition trends and adaptation of the long-term innovation roadmap
- Market Specialist team: in charge of market study and test activation supporting an agile “test and learn” approach
• Drive the development of project operating plan according to project scope, objectives and approach, driving for activities, timing, responsibility for the different streams while closely aligning with project leaders and stakeholders
• In close coordination and with full alignment of all relevant stakeholders, independently coordinate the project streams of responsibilities, guaranteeing the correct implementation of the project plan and its different phases, respecting resources and strategic imperatives, budget and time constraints
• Independently monitor the state of work in terms of deliverables and timings, checking project objectives feasibility, and proactively recommending proper actions to be taken to tackle project issues
• Drive alignment and be a strategic partner in cascading the project plan while stewarding its correct implementation and monitoring
• Provide periodical consolidated information to project leaders and a monthly consolidation of information vs. budget / plans, giving visibility to all stakeholders involved
• Facilitate the implementation of best practices transfer among streams / teams and the required change management to move from project to process
• Building and/or maintaining repository and project management tools
• Help build a culture of partnership and accountability thru all project management activities
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelors or Master’s degree (preferred) in Management, Economics, Engineering or related fields
• At least 5 years of experience preferably in FMCG or Consulting firms
• Prior experience in PMO / Strategic role or with building project management tools is a plus
• Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a solid strategic mindset; intermediate commercial acumen and acquired knowledge of SPF industry is preferred
• Genuine interest in contributing to improvement through order, organization, process analysis combined with a spirit of collaboration and service
• Customer orientation, organizational and process sensitivity
• Knowledge of business/commercial workflow
• Fast learner, flexible and collaborative attitude
• Creative, enthusiastic, curious, proactive, collaborative, analytical, with strong communication skills and with a can-do attitude
• Experience working in an international and multi-cultural environment
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.