National Account Manager - Walmart (D92)
Job Location: Bentonville, AR
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
With new innovations and exciting expansion plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us! The National Account Manager - Walmart (D92) will report to the Walmart Sales Director based in the Bentonville, AR market.
- Meet key account category distribution, shelving, merchandising and pricing (DSMP) goals
- Own relationship with Walmart category buyer and related stakeholders; execute formalized, value-added engagement plan to deliver against DSMP KPI’s
- Own and manage strategic initiatives (i.e. innovation launch plans)
- Develop and execute promotional plans at Walmart in category; conduct post-promotional analysis (ROI)
- Meet Walmart category revenue, volume, growth, profit and share targets; work with Team Lead to set targets
- Develop accurate SKU-level forecasts each month based on expected demand, seasons, promotions
- Provide monthly and year-out forecasts to Replenishment Analyst; own forecast accuracy for Walmart with feedback loop when forecasts are not correct
- Provide category input during joint business planning process; support execution against strategic initiatives and commitments at Walmart in category; identify strategic sales opportunities
- Use trade judiciously to drive demand at Walmart in category
- Identify medium and long-term business opportunities at Walmart in category and flag to Sales Director
- Work collaboratively to develop innovative and insightful content to drive category growth
- Update Team Lead on status of business relationship with Walmart Buyer
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, MBA is a plus
- At least 5 years of Sales, Account Management, Merchandising, and/or Category Management experience is required
- Experience managing Walmart account as an Account Manager or Customer Development Manager
- Interpersonal skills to interface effectively with the necessary stakeholders
- Strategic and proactive thinking to develop sales strategies and translate them into distribution, shelving, pricing and merchandising achievements to close gaps and increase sales
- Strong data analytic skills to monitor, track and proactively address customer performance as well as understand contribution of Walmart with respect to seasonal volume, assortment, performance and distribution; report and track accounts as a contribution to the overall Walmart Inc team
- Ability to leverage available data to influence against key initiatives (Storytelling)
- Effective story telling competencies to present key insights in front of internal and external stakeholders
- Global mindset and desire to build a successful career with a growing global company
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.