Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) Manager (Responsible for Region Europe Multi-Countries East)
Job Location: Bucharest
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As GRC Manager you will work in coordination with the Region CFO to be the GRC processes ambassador vs. Region management, driving risk mitigation mindset, under the professional guidance of the Area GRC.
You will Support Region management in the risk mitigation planning, providing an independent validation of the activities performed and having an oversight on all the GRC processes impacting the Regions, such as: risk prioritization, mitigation objective setting, self-assessment, internal audits, remediation, monitoring and reporting to Region management and to the Area GRC.
INTERNAL CONTROL METHODOLOGY DELIVERY
• Assess, with Region CFO, Region O&I and management, the potential additional priority risks specific to local business
• Drive for Region’s harmonization and good practice in risk mitigation actions (cross country)
• Drive communication and training to local management about GRC processes, applicable tools and methodology requirements
• Collaborate within the professional family for the development of GRC best practice
• Support Region management in cascading Group policy and procedures in their geography/departments
• Coordinate functions’ mandated assessment/implementation of policies; control owner identification, training & GRC PC user support
• Support projects aimed at change management / risk mitigation, both in design and implementation phase, in sync Region O&I
• Facilitate cross interaction and collaboration between function region mgrs.
• Perform local quality assurance on internal control implementation results (policy controls / projects)
• Lead SOD analysis and implementation (system / organization wise) driving functions in setting direct/compensating actions
• Cooperate with local TAX department for all the duties related to Governance model compliance; leads the AEDO tool user support
INTERNAL AUDIT PROCESS
• According to the communicated yearly audit plan, engage the applicable region Function management in order to: explain the audit process, management responsibilities, expected activities and deliverables; plan for any pre-assessment
• Facilitate data exchange, clarification and discussion of open issues with Audit team during planning and fieldwork
• Inform Area GRC about relevant issues highlighted and escalate those requiring support from the Group SMEs
RISK MITIGATION ACTIONS
• Support / challenge management in drafting quality remediation plans (vs. self -assessment or audit issues) to ensure durable solutions, clear accountability, alignment with business priorities &/ projects
• Perform regular follow-up meetings and adequate quality assurance check during the remediation process and at completion stage
MONITORING AND REPORTING
• Support the Function mgmt. in having a clear status of implementation and remediation in their areas of responsibility
• Ensure that Function mgmt. reports regularly about the status of implementation and risk mitigation under its responsibility
• Provide Region CFO and Area GRC with status updates on relevant risks, and status of ongoing audits, implementation and remediation
• Coordinates the Region CFO in key messages and status updates communication to the Region Board and to the Area CFO
Who we are looking for:
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration /Accounting/ Finance
+6 years proven working experience (Big4 or Internal Audit experience is a plus)
Leadership skills and ability to empower, motivate and create a positive, inclusive team ethos
Excellent communication and relationship building skills at all levels
Ability to think and plan operationally and strategically
Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal) in English
MS Office skills
Readiness to travel within the region and internationally
Availability to international career mobility
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.