Global Category Manager Graphic Chain, Glues & Paper Specialties
Job Location: Luxembourg
About the Role:
For our HQ in Luxembourg, we are looking for a Global Category Manager Graphic Chain, Glues & Paper Specialties for our Packaging Sourcing department.
The Category Manager has to collaborate on the definition of the strategy for each of the assigned categories according to medium and long-term Group strategies.
At the same time he is responsible for managing the budget of the assigned categories, generating and delivering sustainable value, meeting or exceeding the expected KPIs in terms of: cost reduction, cost avoidance, payment terms, etc..
The role also requires the candidate to manage different procurement activities connected with the categories assigned, collaborating with the different stakeholders to ensure exceptional performance in the areas of quality and service, and to minimize supply risk (in alignment with methodologies and strategies defined together with the Risk Management Function).
Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders is necessary to fuel the innovation pipeline and, as a manager of the categories, to follow some of the transformational projects for the Company.
• Collaborate with Category Leader in the definition of the strategy for the Category of responsibility, in alignment with medium and long-term Group strategies and responding to the business needs of Supply Chain, Packaging Functions and all other stakeholders involved
Budget and Medium-Term Plan Management:
• Elaborate budget and medium-term plan, according to Group strategy
• Ensure the achievement of both short and medium-term objectives in terms of costs, timing and any other relevant KPI
• Perform market analyses for the Category of responsibility, to constantly monitor the market and provide the management with updated specific analyses
• Manage procurement activities (i.e. price list definition, volume allocation, etc.), ensuring product availability with agreed quality and service levels while optimizing value for Ferrero and applying the internal methodologies, procedures and tools
• Perform spend analysis to continuously improve performance
• Analyze the different markets, identifying potential opportunities for the Group in terms of cost, quality and innovation
• Develop a suitable supplier portfolio, making sure suppliers have the capabilities to support the Group in its long-term strategy
• Implement and verify compliance of contracts aimed to minimize TCO and meet/exceed qualitative, quantitative, timing and service level standards
Negotiation and competitiveness:
• Conduct negotiation with suppliers, in alignment with internal procedures and Ferrero Code of Business Conduct, to deliver sustainable value to the Company
• Keep governance on purchase orders management to ensure the correct implementation of the strategic sourcing decisions
• Evaluate alternative suppliers
• Monitor KPIs (OTIF, service level, quality, etc.)
• Contribute to the risk profile evaluation for the Category of responsibility
• Monitor and reduces risks as product availability, prices volatility, through the implementation of specific actions / plans
• Manage risks linked to sole / single sourcing situations
• Define the correct relationship level with existing suppliers
• Drive Supplier Relationship Management with selected strategic suppliers
• Produce periodical market reports, coherently with the pre-defined framework agreed with the supporting Functions
Who we are looking for:
• 3-5 Year of relevant experience in a purchasing department or other related experience (previous experience in packaging sourcing is a plus);
• Master's Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or other related fields;
• Excellent analytical skills with the capability to transform data into short and mediumli-term plans
• Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills
• Proficiency in MS Office skills, particularly in Excel (knowledge of SAP is a plus);
• Fluent in English (Italian is a plus);
• Enthusiasm and commitment to excellence with a result-oriented approach;
• A fast learner who rapidly moves up the learning curve and wants to continue to take over new responsibilities;
• Ethical and strong personal values.