Forklift Operator / Material Handler (8-hour & Continental)
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Forklift Operator will pick up and transport materials to various lines and storage points using a powered forklift truck.
• Loading, and off-loading of trucks
• Clear production area by securing and moving finished pallets; moving empty pallets.
• Receive raw materials, ingredients and packaging into the plant.
• Ship finished product from the production floor to the storage.
• Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Follows all Quality, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) requirements.
• Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
• Locate stock into warehouse racking, including operation of a fork lift truck. Retrieval of stock, when required for line setup and pick/pack teams
• Follow all company safety procedures and policies including wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), using proper lifting techniques, and properly locking out equipment.
• Retrieve supplies and materials; locate and verify supplies and materials; secure pallet on truck; move pallet to production location.
• Declaring product using SAP
• Operating a shrink wrapper
• Labeling of pallets
• Occassionally assisting on the Production Line
Who we are looking for:
• Minimum of 1 years of Forklift Experience in a Warehouse/Production environment
• Experience driving counter balance, reach trucks and walkies
• Knowledge of Automated Shipping Systems / RF Technology
• Experience using SAP is a strong asset
• Ability to perform heavy lifting – 50lbs
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work in a rotating shift environment
• Willing to work overtime when required
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.