Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our Ferrero Headquarter in Luxembourg we are currently looking for a talented DATA SCIENTIST supporting our Advanced Analytics pillar.
Reporting to the Advanced Analytics Leader, the successful candidate will be focal point for:
- Business stakeholders across categories and geographies
- Ferrero Luxembourg IT department
- Colleagues in BI&A Unit working in Business Partnership pillar to support identification of potential solutions for business problems
- Colleagues in BI&A Unit working in Data Governance pillar to identify current and new potential datasets for use in analysis
- Potentially work with external agencies and data brokers as needed.
- Develop, test and rollout statistical models to support analytics and business reporting functions
- Create procedures to clean and classify data from disparate sources like retail sell-out, shopper behavior, consumer surveys, marketing and other 3rd party sources for use in modeling and reporting
- Practical experience of media measurement including digital to support business decision making
- Script automation procedures for analytical flows
- Visualizing analytic results for business stakeholders in PowerBI
- Create dashboard templates and help BI colleagues to create and customize their own
- Guide and mentor junior data scientists on existing analyses and new capabilities creation.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative area like Mathematics, Econometrics, Statistics, Engineering etc. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in applied work on Advanced Analytics, preferably at a FMCG manufacturer company
- Experience in modeling techniques and advanced statistical concepts: Regression, Classification, Text mining, Random Forest etc
- Analytical creativity and desire to test & learn. Interpretation of analytic outputs from business standpoint
- Experience using external third-party data sources including Nielsen, IRI, consumer surveys
- Strong understanding of media data including traditional and digital
- Relevant communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge and best practice analysis/programming of SQL, PowerBI, Azure, Spark, Scala, Power BI, Google Analytics, SAP HANA
- Strong knowledge of best practice analysis and programming techniques with R and Python.
- Fluent in English is mandatory
- Any other language is a plus.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.