Canada Market Quality Manager
This position requires working in both the Toronto and Brantford locations.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The position is responsible for:
- The quality and freshness management in Canada in market perimeter (i.e. all that relates to clients and points of sales),
- The supervise Freshness & Quality panel in the assigned region, providing to business reliable and clear information on market situation in terms of major KPIs impacting quality and freshness,
- The development and implementing of quality/freshness improvement plans based on deep analysis of current logistic/distribution model and major KPIs,
- The promoting Ferrero Quality Culture among the commercial functions of BU.
- Quality Projects for Brandfort plant allocated in alignment between the CQM and the Brantford PQM
This position is hybrid requires working from both the Toronto and Brantford location.
FRESHNESS AND QUALITY PANEL
• Maintain and develop the local F&Q panel (statistically representative sample) in terms of both retail monitoring base and resources.
• Briefing and selection of retail monitoring agency providing auditors for doing the retail monitoring;
• Training auditors on F&Q methodologies, F&Q software, rules and processes;
• Selection, hiring, training, control and development of F&Q supervisors;
• Ensuring reliability of retail data through the creation of controls in key points of the process and periodic retro-visits;
• Creation and follow-up of retro-visits schedule
• Monitoring of auditors performance
• Development and implementation of plans aimed to decrease rotation of auditors/SV and retain people;
• Working with Central F&Q team to be up to date and align with the Group strategies and developments in terms of F&Q panel running;
VALUE CHAIN FRESHNESS ANALYSIS AND IMPROVEMENT
• Monitoring, update and analysis of the value chain freshness and quality KPIs
• Gate-in (inbound freshness) – to be able to develop improvement proposals in terms of lead-time, pre-production, frigoconservation / hibernation options, co-packing timing
• Gate-out (outbound freshness) – to be able to develop improvement proposals in terms of stock management and forecast accurac
• Market freshness - to be able to develop improvement proposals in terms of root-to-market and distribution, client’s stock policies and seasonal loadings;
• Stocks in value chain and – to be able to develop improvement proposals to decrease risk of expired product, blocked by Do-Not-Ship policy product and to decrease time in the value chain to provide consumer more fresh product with less exposure to the environmental impact;
• Participation in S&OP meetings and Product meetings to contribute with freshness and quality KPIs and proposals;
• Basing on value chain freshness and quality KPIs, preparation of correspondent Quality dashboards – executive, brand, channel level;
• Communication of Quality Dashboards and promotion of freshness and quality KPIs in the Commercial and Industrial perimeter;
• Development of improvement proposals and leading multifunctional teams aimed to improve freshness and quality in each step of value chain to provide consumer with best possible experience;
TRADE/POINTS OF SALES RELATED QUALITY ACTIVITIES
• Support Sales in contractual negotiations regarding the setting of quality/freshness conditions
• Leading Projects with Clients with freshness/quality improvement objective
• Support local functions for the Product Data Sheet requests, ensuring the correctness of the information, in cooperation with other relevant functions
• Support at local level, that all necessary qualitative activities, required for the certification of promotional items, are carried out in coordination with all involved functions
• Improve quality within the Country by working strictly together with the AQS
• Provide quality support on BU strategy brand definition (e.g. range, promo mechanics,…)
• Take part in Withdrawal / Recall and Crisis Management processes, in accordance with relevant Group documentation and guidelines
• Sensory panel: Implement an internal system of product tastings (SHARED with panel supervisor)
• Develop the quality PS5 presentation at local level
Who we are looking for:
• 8-15 years of relevant experience
• Advanced Skills in Quality management and Continuous improvement
• Skill in Production and Logistics topics
• Experience and Skill in Commercial Business processes
• Skill in Business planning and S&OP
• Advanced in analytical data and Problem solving
• Advanced skills in Traceability
• Ability to set objectives and achieve goals
• Ability to lead and influence others
• Ability to problem solve and set priorities
• Ability to work effectively with others
• Ability to create new solutions to business challenges
• Ability to manage teams with different projects’ spectrum
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.