Brand Manager, Kinder Bueno
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
As Brand Manager, you will serve as a major contributor to the Kinder Bueno brand team, a high-growth brand for Ferrero. You will be a key point of contact for global and cross functional stakeholders, and guide the inter-agency team (IAT) in managing high profile projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the brand.
The Brand Manager (BM) will report into the Senior Brand Manager, and after 6-12 months, will transition to overseeing the Associate Brand Manager (ABM).
- Involvement across the entirety of the brand’s business initiatives, including reporting on overall business performance and competitive insight gathering, monitoring recent product launches and preparing for upcoming introductions as well as working with the integrated agency team on marketing campaigns
- Monitor and analyze (with help from ABM) the brand’s business performance, including analyzing competitive landscape, working with Trade Marketing team to understand channel-specific business results, and developing actionable next steps for growth and improvement. Information will be presented monthly to Kinder senior leadership
- Lead commercialization of key product launches, which includes operationalizing with key cross functional departments, ensuring financial profitability, working with key members of the agency team to prepare for launch (especially graphics development) and working with Category Management and Trade Marketing team to ensure successful sell-in
- Lead day-to-day cross functional team relationships, building strong collaboration and culture across the departments, as well as monitoring the status for all collective Kinder Bueno projects. This includes running point on project tracking and leading weekly and scheduled meetings.
- Support SBM on Everyday and Seasonal/Tentpole volume forecasting, including joining regular meetings, making proactive recommendations for volume inputs, working with cross functional team to develop insightful assumptions for volume forecasting
- Support SBM on integrated agency management, which includes creating strong collaboration across agencies as well as a positive culture. Specifically, work with all agencies on all-year-round and tentpole program execution, ensuring deadlines are met and strategic measurement processes are in place. Interface regularly with creative, media, PR/social/influencer, shopper, e-commerce and promotions agency to ensure successful executions both short- and long-term.
- Demonstrate unrelenting focus on timeline development and monitoring across internal cross functional projects and IAT-led marketing communications, ensuring on-time execution
- Management of brand marketing budget. This includes tracking project budgets on a monthly basis, working with cross functional team members to explain any gaps to budget, coordinating SOW creation with vendors, working with leadership on any budgetary changes and working with the SBM to develop the following year’s marketing budget allocations
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing/Communications; Master’s degree in Business is a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in consumer-packaged goods brand marketing
- Experience working with syndicated databases; i.e. IRI, ACNielsen and developing strategic analyses and impactful business recommendations based on the data
- Experience in key channels of trade: Convenience, Food, Drug, Mass, Club and E-commerce (Brick and Click and Pure Play) is a must
- Must be process and detail-oriented, well organized and skilled in project management (planning to execution), including tracking projects against key milestones
- Well versed in budget management and volume forecasting
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.