Assistant Brand Manager, Premium Chocolate
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day Pralines business, leveraging analytical, project management and collaborative skills. The incumbent will lead analysis ensuring a deep understanding of the target consumer, category, brand, and competition to develop actionable insight to move the brand forward. This will lead to recommendations and/or strategies to profitably drive the brand within Ferrero Canada, including the development of consumer programs, new products, merchandising units, and trade/shopper initiatives. The incumbent will manage and maintain brand budgets, monitor/manage the commercialization process for new items, and work with cross-functional teams to manage sales, market research and trade programs. Active collaboration with US and Global brand teams will be an essential part of day-to-day business management and success.
• Provide routine performance updates, monitoring & tracking shipment volumes and consumption performance, as well as in-market initiatives and competitive activity
• Leverage market and brand analysis to assist Brand Management in formulating brand strategy within a fast-moving consumer packaged goods category
• Manage brand budgets and invoicing, liaising with Finance and external vendors
• Prepar Understand and interpret qualitative and quantitative research to inform product decision-making
• Support/co-manage artwork and SKU/merchandising development
• Support development of consumer activation plans and manage execution
• Maintain close, productive relationships with cross-functional teams and counterparts in the US and on the Global Team (Luxembourg, Alba)
• Collaborate with legal team to safeguard company and use of its assets in interactions with 3rd parties
• Efficiently manage relationships and executions with external agencies (e.g. PR, shopper marketing, advertising, graphic design, research agencies, etc.), delivering required output while minimizing cost
• Allocate and manage marketing spending; develop cost cards in order to manage profitability and optimize investment
Internal Analysis & Reporting:
• Referring to cross function (internal) on brand performance
• Aid in the management of commercialization workflow, package design, item profitability, co-packing, etc. as required to facilitate full brand ownership
• Advance the development of integrated marketing campaigns including strategic promotions with supporting in store merchandising materials
• Initiate and develop a consumer and trade communication and public relations plan in order to deepen acceptance of the brand’s core proposition
• Contribute to sales forecasting in order to meet consumer demand while managing freshness, a key priority for the company
• Participate in the definition/development of objectives, goals, strategies and KPIs for the brand in order exceed volume and profit targets.
Who we are looking for:
• BA or Masters in Business and/or Marketing
• 3 years experience in or exposure to brand marketing; experience in consumer packaged goods is a plus
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
• Project management experience and proficiency
• Experience with AC Nielsen data
• Experience in budget management preferred
• Bilingualism (French and/or Italian) is an asset
• Excellent analytical skills to drive critical decision-making
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to prioritize daily demands and multi-task across multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
• An adaptable, creative thinker and problem solver, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact and work with various functional departments
• Detail oriented
• Bias for action, with comfort operating independently in fast-paced and ambiguous environments
• Passion, energy and drive to grow world-class brands
• Motivated to advance in a merit-based, multinational organization
• Self-motivated and exhibits an entrepreneurial spirit
• Adaptable to foreign cultures
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.