Utilities Maintenance Relief Engineer
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Chief Engineer and Utilities RMT, the Maintenance and Relief Engineer will be responsible for performing ongoing operation, maintenance and monitoring of all mechanical and associated systems required to maintain the environment of Ferrero owned and occupied buildings. The Maintenance and Relief Engineer will also perform general housekeeping duties and other similar activities to ensure facilities and equipment are kept clean and free of obstruction; ensure daily documentation and accurate records are maintained and reports are logged; perform inspections to determine requirements for preventative maintenance and perform other related duties as assigned.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday
- Perform ongoing operation, maintenance and monitoring of all HVAC and BAS associated systems required to maintain and enhance the environment of Ferrero owned and occupied buildings as assigned;
- Conduct daily routine checks of all equipment noting all inconsistencies
- Note instrument indicators and record pertinent data in relevant logs;
- Observe and record instrument gauge data in relevant logs (pressure, temperature, and humidity);
- Ensure all guards and safety lock-outs are in place and operational prior to start-ups;
- Isolate equipment properly when required following all necessary procedures
- Ensure safe operation of electrical motors, auxiliary pumps, fan belts etc.,
- Operate automatic control systems according to established procedure;
- Start, operate, maintain and monitor various types of boilers, chillers, compressors, and auxiliary, according to established procedures and as per TSSA authorization –
- Operate, maintain and monitor all plant auxiliary systems, including air compression and pneumatic control systems, electrical motor control centres, pollution control equipment, plant elevating systems, energy/steam sources for food service equipment, fuel oil pumps and day tanks, refrigeration systems, natural gas supply and utilization equipment, plumbing and auxiliary systems, according to established procedures;
- Maintain and monitor fire protection systems and auxiliary equipment;
- Ensure the delivery of fuel and inspection of all equipment and systems relating to storage, conveyance and use of fuel, recording and tracking usage of fuel;
- Study and interpret mechanical, electrical, structural instrumentation and automation system blueprints and maintenance manuals to facilitate repairs/knowledge of equipment and systems;
- Ensure daily documentation and accurate records are maintained and daily reports are logged;
- Work to optimize the efficiency of all systems through but not limited to tests, analysis of logs, adjustments, regulation of controls, and inspections
- Other duties as assigned
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 3rd class Operating Engineer’s Certification, 2nd class preferred
- Knowledge of all Utilities and Facilities equipment including equipment maintenance and BAS
- SAP preferred
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving abilities and decision making in collaboration with Team Leader and Shift Engineer
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills, this job will require the incumbent to support the Ferrero ISO 14001 and metering programs.
- Must be able to work a 40hour work week while on maintenance duties.
- Must assume shift rotation duties to cover all booked vacations and vacant rotation positions to cover absences.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.