UK&I General Procurement Manager
Job Location: Greenford
General Procurement Manager
Greenford, North London
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for a General Procurement Manager, that can drive the strategic procurement activities, evaluating existing and new suppliers, negotiating supplier contracts and managing supplier relationships. This is a senior role that will have two reporting lines under a matrix organisational structure. Candidates will be able to demonstrate strength in being able to translate global initiatives and policies into the UK market, as well as manage the day to day running of the procurement function.
We are looking for experienced procurement professionals, that have ideally worked in an FMCG environment, with strong communication, negotiation and commercial acumen. We are seeking candidates that are actively looking for a new challenge, in a culture that supports innovation and gives you the freedom to work collaboratively with global stakeholders. You will be managing a team of two, and with your excellent coaching and mentoring skills, be able to build a procurement department that is even more dynamic, flexible and customer focused.
We have recently acquired exciting new businesses in the UK and there is scope to work with new brands. Joining Ferrero means you join an organisation that supports you in your career progression both in the UK and Internationally.
- Manage and nurture an extensive list of suppliers
- Identify new suppliers for various categories
- Price negotiation with suppliers for current and new products
- Write contractual agreements and ensure all relevant legal terms are agreed between Ferrero and the suppliers
- Collaborate and support key stakeholders and departments with their needs in procuring new suppliers
- Manage a spend of circa £50 million
- Ensure KPIs and SLAs are delivered
- Ensure processes, procedures and governance is compiled and followed
- Working with Group stakeholders, and executing global category plans
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business/marketing discipline preferred;
- 8-10 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within an FMCG environment
- Category management, experience
- Knowledge of working with SAP Ariba desirable
- Influencing, negotiation skills essential
- Knowledge of marketing, IT, HR Services, Facilities Management, Finance and professional services
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.