Trade Marketing Manager
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
If you’re looking for a role with variety, this is it. As a Trade Marketing Manager, you will support senior Trade Marketing Manager to drive the Ferrero Business by deploying Trade Marketing Strategies by Area/Channel/Customer, defining and developing In-Store Strategy and materials by coordinating inputs from Marketing and Sales, You will group external best practices, support sales by preparing promotion plans and promote a category management approach by activating the relevant data analysis, so that to ensure all your initiatives is well implemented and well delivered.
Support Sales and trade marketing strategy development
• Define the channel strategy/building blocks/trade marketing initiatives for the assigned category or channel
• Defines action standard/KPIs by type of POS (distribution, freshness, visibility, price guideline, display)
• Define and implements tools to support strategic development of the retail mix: spaces, exhibits, promotion, POS Materials, planogram (shelf, off shelf, check out, displays)
• Develops category and marketing support plan(annual plan, quarterly Canvass, monthly highlight) and develop customized activity for key banners
• Develop the business selling story for new product launch/campaign/initiative etc. based on shopper behaviour and understanding on customers’ need;
Trade Marketing implementation
• Collects input and proposals from regional sales managers on trade marketing activities and coordinates between Sales and Marketing in order to implement the marketing plan at sales field level
• Collects and analyses relevant data to promote Category Management approach
• Defines special promo pricing
• Defines distribution targets (by key SKUs by channel by city tier)
• Coordinates major national BTL In-Store Activities implementation by collecting and transferring all relevant instructions and providing all needed materials
• Monitor implementation of the POS activities plan/campaigns and analyze effectiveness, share results with sales and marketing, propose actions for increasing efficiency;
Marketing Projects Support
• Define Points of sales for test market project including distribution scope by channel, listing preparations and POSM support
• Consolidate test results and provide reports to marketing
• Develops Sales Tools (sales folder, product catalogue, presentations for major campaigns, category & commercial arguments)
• Supports Sales to Forecast Volumes for major In-Store Activities
• Support in trade expense forecasts for BTL activities
• Provide selling stories based on marketing and sales success stories information
Trade Expense Budget management
• Manage the category trade expense budget for major national TM events
• Ensure in line with business objectives the proper management of trade budget
• Approve activity-based trade spending plan
• Analyse trade spending efficiency
Sales FCST management
• Work with business planning and supply chain, make sure marketing plan is well implemented and reflected in bottom up FCST
• Analyze sales and stock info on a regular basis and propose special actions for over stocks and products with short expiry date
Other tasks assigned by line manager or company.
Who we are looking for:
• Mandatory: Bachelor’s degree or above.
• Working experience in trade marketing & Modern Trade is necessary.
• Understanding of Commercial Supply Chain process
• Knowledge of Trade Marketing, Sales field, KA, Merchandising, Category Management processes and practices.
• Strong cross functional projects management skills and analytical skills.
• Fluent English. Computer skills - advanced Excel, PPT, MS Office user.
* Chinese Local Labor contract with local salary & benefits package will be offered for this position.
** Proficiency in Mandarin speaking.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
We encourage all our people to think creatively to set personal targets and objectives and push new, better ways to work. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on three dimensions: individual, team and organization that’s why you should have the ability to work independently, proactively and as a team member. A demonstrable great organizing skill and ability to collaborate at all organizational levels will help you in building your position among stakeholders and achieve team goals.