Third Party Warehouse Specialist
Job Location: Somerset, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role
As the Third Party Warehouse Specialist, you will be responsible for the governance and management of internal and external warehouse operations linked to the Somerset/USDA network. This a brand new role that is open due to organic growth and new product launches.
You will provide overall focus and concentration on improvements and projects, such as: new site(s), operational enhancements (i.e. racking, flow optimizations, etc.), team training, EDI capability enhancements with external providers, and others. In addition, the Third Party Warehouse Specialist will oversee activities, such as: operator training and lift maintenance management.
- Responsible for managing inbound/outbound capacity constraints at all relevant locations and coordinating with import and planning team members and third parties to ensure deliveries are being handled as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Coordinate with third parties and Ferrero quality, when necessary, to ensure any inbound exceptions and/or audit findings are called out/streamlined and handled in a safe, quick and efficient manner
- Host regular meetings with key stakeholders from each location as well as members of the Ferrero team(s), to review operations, identify areas that may need attention and/or opportunities for improvement
- Responsible with Ferrero planning teams to prepare forecasts and prepare storage and handling capacity to attend the volume, anticipate any/all storage capacity constraints and be able to prepare action plan with procurement to identify opportunities and called out in a timely manner
- Responsible for budget preparation and cost tracking across all relevant locations
- Oversee invoice validation/processing to ensure rates are being respected and monitor costs across all relevant locations
- Manage to ensure correct systemic and physical movement of adjustments performed both all 10 3PLs and Ferrero
- Coordinate all inventory movements between facilities and data collection process for any product recalls
- Visit, monitor and audit external locations to ensure compliance with the Ferrero policies/standards (travel >35%)
- Create and follow KPIs and reports to track and improve current warehouse service levels and processes
- Train and monitor both inventory and warehouse analysts’ performance across all relevant areas/locations, including weekly reconciliations
- Responsible for regular inventory reports (weekly/monthly/yearly)
- Identify and provide direction for inventory related as well as other operational issues (i.e., imports, transfers, temperature storage, etc.) as they arise with third party providers, involving IT or adjusting processes if necessary
- Responsible for overseeing destruction orders at third party warehouses (approval, instruction, witness of physical destruction, when necessary)
- Identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives, when possible
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Logistics
- Relevant experience in Lean Six Sigma preferred
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of the Supply Chain (Domestic and International)
- Experience with external providers
- Advanced knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge on cost tracking, planning preferred
- Ability to travel >35% to ensure compliance with Ferrero standards at partner sites
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects at once
- Ability to work effectively alone and with others
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.