Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As a Production Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the Production Line Team on your shift. We lean on our Shift Supervisors to be People Managers and Leaders, while also balancing the day-to-day activities involved with optimizing production and ensuring the preparedness of the shift including such factors as planning material availability, training, labour and machinery. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Production Line Manager and report to the Department Manager.
The Shift Supervisor will balance a wide portfolio of responsibility including, but not limited to:
- Resource Availability
- Ensuring the availability of packaging, semi-finished product and raw materials for the shift
- Support the Performance Analyzer in the monthly inventory adjustment,
- Production Planning/Shift Handover
- Supports the planning of the operating activities on the lines
- Supervises changeover activities, together with the Quality Department and Packaging Component Providers
- Supports the Local Planning Department and the Team leaders for the in process changes of quantity to produce
- Continuous Improvement
- Safety and Hygiene
- Responsible for the hygiene and sanitation compliance of the production area;
- Responsible for working within the guidelines of all applicable aspects of food safety program (ISO, HACCP, GMP) and ensuring compliance
- Workplace Safety
- Ensures compliance with health & safety regulations not limited to and including the assigned production area;
- Human Resources Management
- Manages workplace personnel issues, respecting company guidelines and informing the Department Manager and HR
- Work closely with Maintenance team to minimize disruption to the line in the case of breakdown and repair
- Assist in the implementation of and conformity to the Environmental Management System within key process areas
Who we are looking for:
Our ideal next Shift Supervisor will have:
- Knowledge of production lines and machinery (production performance indicators, technological processes);
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Experience in stock management, production models and planning techniques;
- Dedication to Food Safety, Quality and Sanitation policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills;
- Ability to troubleshoot technological problems;
- Demonstrated team building skills;
- Well-versed in SAP, Excel, would be an asset.
- Strong inter-personal skills, and ability to work in a matrix system;
- Demonstrated ability to direct production employees in a proactive and positive manner;
- At least one year of experience as a Team Leader or Supervisor in a manufacturing setting.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
In the role of Shift Supervisor (RTO), a successful candidate should demonstrate a drive for results, be adept at managing people and be able to work effectively in a matrix organization through organizational integration.
- Fully company paid benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Great employer-matched pension program
- 14 weeks Parental Leave top-up
- Opportunitites for advancement
- Continuous training opportunities
- EAP Program
- Competitive wages
- Shift Premiums
- Employee events such as BBQ’s, Ice cream days, and Ferrero product give aways!
- On site cafeteria
- Free parking
- Dedicated Covid Safety Team
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.